SETi finally got KHORNS!

seti

Dee was kind enough to keep me in mind when he came across some 1978 B style Oak Lacquer Khorns. I really hung in there for the B style. Thanks again DEE.

I have some work to do which was expected. The xovers and rewire will be first. Hey BOB!! They sound different from each other and one tweeter is not making even a squeek and the other has weird bass. I actually enjoy the process of hearing Klipsch speakers get better with every tweak and upgrade so this should be fun. I have already tired of trends 10.1 tripath amplification and will hopefully get something more suited to these speakers.

IMG_0014.jpgIMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0024.jpg

Seti,

Congrats! Glad you got them home.

So one tweeter is not working and you've got weird bass in the other?

I've got one K77 (square mag) if you'd like to use it to get some tweet sound. Just let me know. I'll be in LR today and could drop it off for you.

Seti,

I've got one K77 (square mag) if you'd like to use it to get some tweet sound. Just let me know. I'll be in LR today and could drop it off for you.

That sounds good. Could something in the xover be keeping the tweeter from working? I have some stuff for you and I'll be home after 4:30. Email sent.

Seti,

That sounds good. Could something in the xover be keeping the tweeter from working? I have some stuff for you and I'll be home after 4:30. Email sent.

The most likely problem in the crossover would be a poor or lost connection. Just to loosen and retighten connections on the barrier strip would check that. I've had some of those alinco K77's go almost mute.

I can stop by after 4:30.

Nice! What speakers did you have before?

I had Belles with Crites rebuilt A / AA xovers. The Belles are now Rigma's and without him buying these I wouldn't have the Khorns. The Belles sound superb and I was completely happy with there sound. However, I have always wanted Khorns and the extended bass.

DSC01812.JPGDSC01830.JPG%22

Thanks guys : )  

Oh and I found my bass WOWEE. I ran some decent extra speaker cables from the bass bin to the xovers and the bass just bloomed. There is also a possibility one woofer was wired out of phase. Dee loaned me a tweeter but I haven't loaded it up yet. 

The damage is in the edge banding and some chips along the edges. They do look very good. Fini I thought you knew that to get good clean sound you need garden hose speaker wire http://www.the-music-cable.com/speakercab.asp