$98.87 Toshiba HD-DVD players starting this Friday

el jopez

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure of the price at $98? Seems like it was a misprint and the ad should be $198 like they are everywhere else...

As I mentioned a few posts ago - I have confirmed the price and the sale date/time with the manager of the one near my office. Be there - they will not last.

The best buy page is not loading.

Always one with the informative posts to add, jb - uhg.

Can we please move the format war discussion to the OTHER thread and keep this one from continuing to get cluttered??? Damn, people.

Best Buy must have sold out fast. The HD-A2 is now not even on their site. They were available at $99 an hour or so ago.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, when I stopped there to see if they would pricematch walmart, it was on the shelf at 189

I own both formats and will be picking up an hda2 for the bedroom, another one for my dad and one for my father inlaw. The a2 is a great player and does a very good job of up converting standard dvds. At $98 it is a great deal and you also still get the five free movie rebate offer from toshiba.

Most places seem to have the HD-A2/HD-A20/HD-XA2 on sale/clearance because they are being discontinued I believe(that's what I was told at Futureshop). Toshiba has new models out now. The HD-A3, HD-A30, and HD-XA3. I picked up the HD-A3 yesterday and I'm liking it. It's only a few days old and there was an update for it already.

I'm off to check out my local Wal-Mart to see if they have any of the players. I'm supposed to work at 8 but I went in for an hour and a half yesterday on my day off to take care of some things so I can show up a little late just in case "something comes up." [;)]

I got to walmart at 710am and they had 6 units remaining. I grabbed 3. They are now sitting in my trunk and I am at the office...

Guess the 8am thing on the registers was bull.

You know what this means? :)

Posted Image

In my little town of 30,000, I guess they played by the rules - on sale at 8am, one unit per person. I was 4th in line (arrived at 7:40), so scored one. Now I've got both formats covered via this and my PS3 - guess that makes me Switzerland in the format war. Let 'em duke it out, as long as at least one survives!