New Eagles cd

dtel

I bought this for myself at Christmas, and still have it in my rotation of CDs I play in a week. I find the lyrics as good as any they have sung, and the production is great. As I have mentioned earlier, I really don't find the songs too political, and think they may be hitting themselves as much as hitting others for their views.

I have read reviews where folks complained that they didn't write all the songs, but I looked back at the copy of their first album (with Take it Easy...) and a few of those songs weren't written by them. So what... it's great music.

Bruce

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce,

Speaking of being in your rotation, I was just thinking as I listen (I am on disc 2), this is one of those CD's (and a double CD for that fact) that you just put in and hit play. No big urges to skip any songs. Quite a bargain at $12. If I had a DVD player in my system I would get their live DVD (also $12).

Rolling Stone has also steered me to Jackson Browne's two live accoustic CD's. They are in my "A list" CD's.

I find it boring... I tried to like it. I had trouble making it through both CDs. It lacks energy to me. It sounds their age to me. I do really like their DVD Hell Freezes Over.

That's what I thought. I'm 41 and still was unimpressed. The recording sounds good but the songs just don't do it for me.

Sean

Joe Walsh needs to leave the meal ticket behind, and go Solo again, they're killing him !!!!!!!!!!!

You think he wouldn't sell if he went solo? Interesting to say the least. He isn't even one of the original Eagles.members. WHo cares? The music is great. Every bit as incisive as their early stuff, both lyric and music wise. I guess you either like it or you don't. As for myself, I am really enjoying it. It is actually something I am using when I change equipment, to see if there is an improvement or not. I find it that good, technially and with content.

You think he wouldn't sell if he went solo?

Joe Walsh had a good Solo career, not even counting The James Gang, he doesn't need Henley/Frey. If you want a look inside the Eagles Don Felder has just written a book, and his take on Don Henley, well, read it for yourself. Henley is killing that group ..... How many REUNIONS now 3 or 4 ?