New Eagles cd

dtel

• Moderators

I normally would not put something like this in 2 CH but some here never make it to general or even further down the page.

My sister gave me the new Eagles CD, Long Road Out of Eden. It's 2 Cd's and I have listened to it a few times now, and I keep replaying it I like it so much !

I asked her where she got it and she said "wally world" $11.88

The first time I listened I thought it was good but the more I listen the more I like it !

Has anyone else tried it, maby I missed reading about it ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the songs highlight individual talents , almost like solo albums of the past.

I seem to recall having seen an interview with one of the guys (forget which one). I think he said something about this CD containing BOTH what you might call, individual works and then collaborative works.

I think he said they each went off into their own direction for several songs and some of those made it to the CD. The conversation carried on a bit more but that's about all I saw. I'm not sure if he said there were only a couple "individual songs" or if EACH individual had one.

Either way, seems your gut feelings are dead on!

I bought it on the day it was released too. I really like the music, but the lyrics seem overly political and 'save the whales' in their nature. Has anyone else noticed that?

"How Long" has been released to country stations and is in regular rotation here, and played at a station that just despises the Dixie Chicks and refuses to play them. Great song, and I've read it is the most country song on the album. Still looking forward to getting the CDs myself.

I'm certainly not tired of the Eagles, but I really don't listen to music on the radio that much except oldies (like Bach, Mozart, Hayden, etc.).

Bruce

The sound is good.

But to me, they are being a bit too political, save the earth, down on capitalist pigs ruining the earth, etc.

Then, they only sell it at the store that essentially is the poster child for global capitalist expansionism, etc, etc, etc,....

Walmart.

Pretty hipocritical to me.

They like to preach their message, but sure don't seem to mind tapping into the capitalist wealth that has made them extremely rich.

I live the cd, the songs, and am a big Eagles fan, but a few of the songs are just a bit too much for me....

Paul