Clapton Guitar Fest. II .......

oldbuckster

Well I was going to go to BB and pick it up when it was on sale but after I got off work I didn't feel like fighting the traffic. So I went to there website and it was on sale with free shipping. Life is good. It should be here next Thurs. I am anxiously waiting. My boss at work bought a bunch of tickets for this concert and sold all but two he used on ebay. He ended up with free air fare, car rental, and hotel for the weekend.

Buckster I just left Bluesboy's house. Let me set this up for you. Bluesboy has hybrid K-Horns, A Fisher tubed integrated and a Sony universal disc player. We turned the amp on to warm up and then out to the deck and ate a few oysters fresh from the water to the grill. We then took our seats with a bottle of Makers Mark and a bucket of ice and two glasses. We put in disc two. Buckster you asked me if it is a keeper......holy mother of cr*p. John Mayer got it started as you know and then it just keeps getting better. Jeff Beck and his daughter? (cutie). Steve Windwood, Derek Trucks, Buddy Guy, Clapton.....yoweee! What an afternoon and Bluesboy's system left nothing on the table. MY five star rating.....run don't walk to get this one. The best guitar playing I have ever heard. Excited? Yeah.....a little bit.

Channel 11 in Chicago is showing this (I think about 2 hours of it) I want to say a week from Sunday?

Get your Tivo's ready!

knew I was forgetting something....On PBS station (some?) showing the Clapton/Chicago/Beck gig started at 8:00 EST!

Just now! C-Band satellite probably has a raw feed too!

Sorry about that!

I picked this up about a week ago.It's an ok show but too many Fenders for my taste(I own a couple but shees...) The sound quality is pretty good,about an 8.75 of 10,video about 9 of 10.I'd consider about 1/2 the show worth a serious listen,the rest tired old blues scales played in a mediocre manor.Johnny Winter is one of my all time favorites,but he's old and tired,the best of the worst 1/2 of this show(with all due respect to the legendary artist he is) .One highlight was Los Lobos,really good,better than expected,also Steve Winwood was top notch(compared to previous times I've seen him).Jeff Beck was short but not too sweet,instead of dazzling us with his true ability(which is substancial) we get lotsa crazy pulloffs,dives,hammers most of which my kids could do at age 12,the bass player was competent.That said,most of these artist are better guitarist than I'll ever be,but I'm not a legend with high expectations.

All in all I'm still glad I bought it but I think it 1 disc could cover my needs.

PBS HD had it on last night, looked better than the 2004 show.

I thought it was except no ZZ Top ............... Makes me wish I could take all 4 discs and make 2 out of them .... it's all a matter of what one likes, but I don't care what anyone else thinks, Claptons New Band Rocks, and plays the older Clapton material Oldbuckster wants to hear...If he would only play "Let it Rain" .............. EC WAS HERE ........... indeed !!!!!!!