NFL..TaDa

hammertop

Gary – If you were coming I’d be going. No worries about pneumonia but I recall my cardiologist sayin’ heat was better than cold and to be careful in extreme weather. I don’t know….. I’ve been out blowin’ snow in pretty wicked stuff but that isn’t a 4 to 5 hour deal. Going up to Green Bay for a game makes for a long day, especially with it being the late game. The kids will stay up at Kyle’s apartment on Saturday & Sunday so they’ll only be half the distance we’d have to drive. They’re really pumped!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line has moved up to Packers (- 7.5). It seems Packer Fans often bet with their heart so I expect the line to move even further. If you want to bet on the Giants I suggest you wait for a better deal. FWIW, I doubt 10 is enough but then again.............I'm a Packer Fan![;)]

Cowboys played a terrible second half and the Giants could only beat them by 4.

If they want to beat the Packers, hopefully not, they will have to play like they did against the Pats. The Giants played the best game of their season and they still lost by 3 but against the Packers the Giants best game could win it, hopefully not.

It will come down to which team can adjust to the weather better. When the Packers played Chicago the weather really seemed to slow the Packers down. Chicago handled the weather better.

A couple things about that Chicago game: It didn’t mean much for the Packers and then there is the old stand by…………If you have a lousy season but manage to beat the Packers; there is fulfillment. It works both ways, of course! Also, it was an extremely windy down in Chicago that day.

The game today won’t be a cake walk for the Packers but I think the better team wins at home, 27 to 17.

The kids just left Oshkosh to go up early and tailgate. I guess one of their friends has a good size ice fishing tent, (with heat) so the party will start early in Green Bay! It must be a sign I’m getting old because, although I’m excited for them to go, I’m not all that envious. Well, maybe just a little! Go Pack!

I still follow the nfl on a casual fan level. Here's the thing: today, while watching the pats chargers game. i flipped to the hockey game. When I left, the chargers had third and goal. I watched several minutes of non-stop action between the ducks and stars, very exciting. Then, with a break in the action, I flipped back to the football game. Guess what? The chargers were kicking off from making a field goal. I must have missed TWO plays ! And one was a field goal from short range. All that time I saw all kinds of real sports action with hockey. Give me a bone here, even baseball moves faster than nfl football. Lombardi would probably be ashamed of today's nfl.

And here's another unsolicited opinion. There are those (not on this forum) who express the idea that, gee, soccer and hockey doesn't have enough scoring. A 21 to 17 football game sounds close and exciting with lots of scoring, yet the equivalent in hockey would be what, 3 to 2.5? There seems to be a hang up on raw scoring numbers as opposed to the same thing counting for numerically less. (Obviously I know there are no half goals in hockey or soccer)

Easy on the NFL oldtimer ............... a chess game using people instead of pieces !!!....It's like watching Baseball, a 1 to 0, or a 2 to 1 game are real baseball games, 10 to 9 is not good Baseball ........... 1 to 0 is either a great pitching match up, or out of this world defense .....

Easy on the NFL oldtimer ............... a chess game using people instead of pieces !!!....It's like watching Baseball, a 1 to 0, or a 2 to 1 game are real baseball games, 10 to 9 is not good Baseball ........... 1 to 0 is either a great pitching match up, or out of this world defense .....

So now watching other people play chess is exciting? OB, you must be a true intellectual. (Baseball is way better, watching nfl is not like watching baseball.)

The younger QB was the star today. Favre never should have thrown the two balls that were intercepted but then that’s always been his downfall. Ya gotta take the good with the bad and today he was no match for Ely!

I do have to agree with oldtimer. This was a terribly slow moving game. I’m sure glad I wasn’t sitting in the stands for all the down time and that dragging is one reason I normally skip games not involving the Packers. Thank God for the remote and the Australian Open during this one.

Congratulations to the Giants. They finished the season great!

Well that kills my superbowl sunday! [:^)][:(][:S] It's not even worth watching now.

The only time I'll watch the Giants play is when they play Dallas otherwise don't watch them.

I watched most of the Pat/Chargers game and stopped watching when the Giants came on.

The Giants have won the games they needed to so even if I don't like them they got to the superbowl so I'll give them that much but I still won't watch them.

The Giants only lost by 3 the last time they played the Pats so will the Giants pull off the biggest upset in football history?

Anything is possible but I'm saying the Pats.