NFL..TaDa

hammertop

Some thoughts and random observations......

This figures to look and feel more like a Giants home game by the day. Ticket brokers report the overwhelming amount of sales traffic is from Giants fans. Frequently a team that makes repeated visits to the Super Bowl tend to become less enthused about going (a fanbase can only afford so many trips to the Super Bowl). So expect a mostly pro-Giants crowd in AZ on Sunday - could be very much like a home game for the G-Men......

.....which is one more reason I'm picking the Pats in this one. I have it 34-24 Pats, enough to win, but not enough to cover the number (Pats favored by 12). I do think the Giants will make a game of this, but the Pats will be good enough.

Most important player I'm watching for the Pats: Lawrence Maroney. He's the "X-Factor" to keep that Giants D-Line honest. If the Giants get pressure on Brady early on and Brady takes a few hits, look for Maroney to be even more important. I expect to see lots of formations with at least one tight end to give Brady added protection, and to augment the Pats running game.

Most important player I'm watching for the Giants: Michael Strahan and that front four for the Giants. They can and need to play HUGE in this game. They have the ability to get pressure with four or five guys on the rush....if they DO get there, they can make life hell for the Pats. If they don't get there, the Pats will walk away unbeaten.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This figures to look and feel more like a Giants home game by the day.

The GIANT FANS are like YANKEE FANS, they're all over the country, don't be so surprised, there are many former New Yorkers that have left this state, but remain loyal fans ........... California, Arizona, and Florida are havens for them, retired folks, people sick of the winters, and folks that move because of jobs, so it's really not that surprising ............ The Yankees especially when they are on the road, fill normally empty stadiums, the fans might hate them, but the other team owners love full stadiums, and deep down welcome the $$$$$$. A few local fans here have paid $5,000. for Super Bowl tickets, unbelievable, but it's their money .... hope they enjoy the game, that is loyal fans ... New York teams, like them or not, generate BIG $$$$$$$$$ ....

Gosh, I'm sick of the build up, so much pre-game coverage,........... TEE IT UP !!!! ...... Time to play, stop the talk, tighten up the jock strap, and Let's play the game ........ Like I need all the Talking Heads ....... I know as much as they do, Score;0 to 0, 60 minutes to play the game, the team with the most points when the clock shows 00:00 is the Winner ........... See, I know..............

Yeah, I can't see the Patriots losing this one. Right now I'm in the Boston area for work and the people here are insane about their team. It sucks not being home for the game. But this is the place to be tommorow unless you're actually at the game.

OR, My favorite, His team scores first, maybe holds the lead for awhile, and near the end of the game, the other team pulls ahead for the win, and instead of good game, It's FIXED, the ref threw the game, or some Bullcrap !!!!!!!!!!!!

15 hours and counting ............... I FEEL HISTORY IS GOING TO BE MADE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Game, another Super Bowl for the NFC- EAST .......... Gonna' be a tough week and here .... Giant fans coming out of the wood work ... can't argue, they won fair and square !!!!!!!! Good Season .............. TA DA ! DUN .... is right !! .......... The Giants, say it ain't so !!!!! ......... [:#]

"Offense entertains but defense wins games." I think last night really reinforces that adage. OTOH, it was that freaking amazing catch by Tyree that spelled doom for the Pats -- as soon as he came down with ball you could sense that they were probably going to score. The Pats defense looked totally shell-shocked after that play. Not quite to midfield, down by 4 with 1:15 left, and no timeouts. A field goal won't get it and they're staring at a third and five -- I really thought the Pats had it wrapped up. I still can't believe Manning didn't go down in the pocket, he had three sets of hands on him and even after he got loose there wasn't anywhere to go. Talk about pulling a play out of your butt!