jubilee

bodcaw boy

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any way someone could ask someone at Klipsch to bring out a pair of Jubs to AKfest ?

To settle all this.

or maybe some dueling pistols....

hey whataburger55,

it has been settled. this is just typical fare for a jubilee thread. it's the heards vs not the heards.

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

Exactly and the "not heards" want to hear on the level playing feild.......which was my intent right from the start in this thread. But I have still failed since Dean only wants to bring half the solution. I want it all which will leave no room for excuses from either side of the coin. Geez you would think that all the Jub lovers could pool their resources.

Craig

My amplifiers, business have absolutely nothing to do with it.

OK, I now better understand. It's every OTHER manufacturer that exaggerates about THEIR stuff, you would never say anything that might be an exaggeration about your items in spite of your claim that everyone does it. Gotcha.

Oh, and I guess this goes hand in hand with the logic that Klipsch with at least $50 of research budget can't significantly improve a 60 year old design, yet you with presumably hundreds or thousands of research dollars, CAN take these decades old designs, merge their better traits together and come up with a 'better' amp? Gotcha.

I will admit I've come to like you and your logic. Might have taken me a while to warm up to you, but I now have. Everything I say is with a big grin on my face. I hope you're smiling too [:D]

[Y]

double post

Embarrassed

Since the first one gets you killed anyway, posting it twice don't matter. OTOH, maybe I'll maim you before I kill you. :)

"I usually stay completely out of those types of conversations until some outside person that has little or no up close and personal experience with this product starts the baiting and BS..."

See, that's the same problem we have with you, but for whatever reason you just don't see it. I do appreciate what you said about not being able to get 50% improvement over a speaker that already gives you 90% of everything -- but I think after you hear them you'll either downrate that 90% figure quite a bit, or have to say that the last 10% is a bigger deal than you thought.

Exactly and the "not heards" want to hear on the level playing feild.......which was my intent right from the start in this thread. But I have still failed since Dean only wants to bring half the solution. I want it all which will leave no room for excuse from either side of the coin. Geez you would think that all the Jub lovers could pool their resources.

lol, we have no need to, we already KNOW the answer. To "pool our resources" would be to simply flush them down the toilet for YOUR education. Why not YOU spend YOUR money, c'mon down here. I've got a nice trio of LaScalas with some of Al's "ES" networks in them. Sounding top notch!! We'll even take them outside to remove any room issues.

You can bring YOUR parts if you want to.

Afterwards, we'll lug a single Jubilee outside and you can hear for yourself.

After you're done eating your crow, I'll take you out & buy you a beer. NO, I will NOT let you cry in it either. We'll just have a nice fond reminiscent conversation about how you felt/acted BEFORE you knew what you now know. Don't worry... I won't rub it in your face. I'll keep your dignity intact. Even though you're like 6'6 and I'm but a munchkin, I'll treat you like my little brother & let you cry on my shoulder. It will be a Kodak moment for sure.

"You see this is where the problems lies in threads on this forum. Someone disagrees with someone and certain people get personal or blatantly attack via baiting and innuendo. "

i know. you need to quit doing that.......[8-|]

there have been plenty of opportunities.....you just didn't take advantage of them.....

roy (a heard)

I usually stay completely out of those types of conversations until
some outside person that has little or no up close and personal
experience with this product starts the baiting and BS ( I refrain from
naming names but most are rearing up in here once again). Please do.

Exactly and the "not heards" want to hear on the level playing feild.......which was my intent right from the start in this thread. But I have still failed since Dean only wants to bring half the solution. I want it all which will leave no room for excuses from either side of the coin. Geez you would think that all the Jub lovers could pool their resources.

Craig, they're big, they're heavy, and in spite of what you think they actually look pretty nice -- I was stressed to the max just moving them from the livingroom downstairs to the room upstairs. Like Coytee said, we're just not interested in potentially damaging our Jubilees to do what you're asking. I offered to bring the top section because that might at least be doable from a practical standpoint. The LF section is a good improvement over the Klipschorn and fairly impressive, but the top section really is in another league all-together. That deal, dialed in on top of a LaScala cabinet will easily make a believer out of you. I would have to set it up actively with the Crown since there is no passive for that combination. I gotta be honest with you, I'm not so sure it's in your best interest to do this.

(now that is new material)

Noooooooooooo it's not new material... she's looking stunning every day!

New material is Dean'O swapping out his pink pillow for a flowered one... [:o]

(yes I'm going to start checking under my hood and under my car before starting it [:|])

Sign me

The Schmoozer

That deal, dialed in on top of a LaScala cabinet will easily make a believer out of you. I would have to set it up actively with the Crown since there is no passive for that combination. I gotta be honest with you, I'm not so sure it's in your best interest to do this

I now have to apologize to Dean for my pink pillow propaganda. Dean has finally let the cat out of the bag. Craig... it is really not in your best interest to hear these. Seriously. The bass bin is good... it's REAL good. However, in my ignorant opinion (seeing as I'm not as versed in these technical things like others might be) if we "live in the midrange" then in my view, the K402 is the major home run here. Ya, it's big, it's bad and it's ugly (??) but man, does it sing!!!

Ya know, I wasn't really blowing smoke at you. If you ARE able to come this way, the invitation is open. Once you get onto I-75, my home is about 4 turns from you. How much closer can I be, than 4 measley turns? Heck...I'd bet that DEAN lives more than 4 turns away from you once you're on the highway??!!

Craig,

If you'd like, you are welcome to come to my house in Bay City and give my Jubes a listen.

They do have the 510 horns, and I'm sure my room acoustics are far from perfect. However, IMO they sound much better than my KHorns.

How much of that has to do with room setup, electronics, etc. I don't know.

I'm far from an expert, but I know what I like.[;)]

Let me know if you're interested.

Bob

uh oh... the ante's been upped!

Say... how's this sound...

Bob, Craig... I don't know how far you two are from each other BUT... here's the deal...

Craig, if you are willing to take Bob up on his offer and Bob, if this offer won't offend you or your wife, let me know ahead of time and I'll have some of Roy's soon to be favorite bbq Ribs delivered to you so you can relax, enjoy and have a nice meal on me.

If Craig promises to have an open mind, I'll even include some Graeters ice cream in the box.

It won't be getting much better than that evening!!

Thoughts?

"You see this is where the problems lies in threads on this forum. Someone disagrees with someone and certain people get personal or blatantly attack via baiting and innuendo. "

i know. you need to quit doing that.......Geeked

there have been plenty of opportunities.....you just didn't take advantage of them.....

roy (a heard)

Same back at you......