• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

uh oh... the ante's been upped!

Say... how's this sound...

Bob, Craig... I don't know how far you two are from each other BUT... here's the deal...

Craig, if you are willing to take Bob up on his offer and Bob, if this offer won't offend you or your wife, let me know ahead of time and I'll have some of Roy's soon to be favorite bbq Ribs delivered to you so you can relax, enjoy and have a nice meal on me.

If Craig promises to have an open mind, I'll even include some Graeters ice cream in the box.

It won't be getting much better than that evening!!

Thoughts?

Not a level playing field and the HF horn is not what you folks are using so this meeting will not solve a thing. But I'm always up for listening to something different.

Craig

Hey Craig, you want to stop over at my house and listen to my clock radio? Would love to hear what you think.

Sorry, is Craig the "Gold Standard" now? If you love it, what does his, or anyone else's opinion matter? If you don't love it then lie and say you do and sell it in the garage sale cause your "up grading".

Not a level playing field and the HF horn is not what you folks are using so this meeting will not solve a thing. But I'm always up for listening to something different.

Perhaps others will correct me if I'm wrong BUT, if you stay ON AXIS then I'd surmise you'd get 90% of what we're getting. I think it's when you go off axis that the 402 starts to flex its muscle.

Roy? Dean? Doc? Mom??

Hey Craig, you want to stop over at my house and listen to my clock radio? Would love to hear what you think.

Sorry, is Craig the "Gold Standard" now? If you love it, what does his, or anyone else's opinion matter? If you don't love it the lie and say you do and sell it in the garage sale cause your "up grading".

shhh... lol... he's only after the ribs...but (shhh) we won't tell him about their secret ingredient [+o(]

Perhaps others will correct me if I'm wrong BUT, if you stay ON AXIS then I'd surmise you'd get 90% of what we're getting. I think it's when you go off axis that the 402 starts to flex its muscle.

Roy? Dean? Doc? Mom??

90% may be too high in my opinion. I'm sorry but to me the 510 is not in the same league as the 402.

rigma

I'm sorry but to me the 510 is not in the same league as the 402.

Maybe not (I actually don't have an opinion about that), but he will get to hear a two-way Klipschorn with a large format driver and CD horn -- so he'll get a good taste.

I don't know what you're using for gear Bob, but this is also a good opportunity to hear some of Craig's work.

Sorry, is Craig the "Gold Standard" now? If you love it, what does his, or anyone else's opinion matter? If you don't love it then lie and say you do and sell it in the garage sale cause your "up grading".

Simply stated my opinion means nothing to anyone but me. You won't see me coming in here posting some review. I'll simply say yea or nay which will be my opinion and should be taken accordingly. This is exactly why I would like to see the Jubilee's at AK fest. I want to hear what folks with no vested interest one way or the other have to say... I myself do not trust my own opinion for short listening sessions in a strange room with strange electronics. I like to listen to something different for a week or more then make my decision. But in this case that just will never happen until I move. No way in heck is the Jub system going to fit in any room I have available. Besides I'm in the audio business I can't afford the darn things....

Craig

You won't see me coming in here posting some review. I'll simply say yea or nay which will be my opinion and should be taken accordingly

You mean to say that you are now one of the most vociferous people about the Jubilees while NOT having heard it and once you DO hear it and can then give an actual educated, informed opinion, you are going to shut up? [:^)]

I myself do not trust my own opinion for short listening sessions in a strange room with strange electronics

Then take a pair of your VRD's and a preamp,this way you can take 1/2 of that problem out of the equation. Aside from that logic (cop-out?) you can EASILY be in a room and make a judgement if it sounds good or not, can't you? Heck...even my WIFE and her sister each, made an unsolicited comment about how nice my Khorns sounded when they were playing through SE-OTL amps. You can trust me when I say that they both probably find this stuff WAY more "strange" than you do. C'mon... don't be shown up by my wife & her sister!

Too bad there wasn't a pair of jubilees and crossovers traveling around that people could live with for about two weeks and then ship off to the next on the list. Actually there are several pairs of speakers I'd like to demo in such a fashion but all the speakers I like or think I would like are big......

Westminster_cutaway.jpgTannoy Never heard a dual concentric back loaded horn like this but want to.

Craig's stopping by for what will probably be a really short visit

That's cool.

Is it me or do these Jubilee threads become "Craig-a-thons"??

Only because of guy's like you. I simply had an idea some of you Jub loving folks would like to share the Jub joy with the general public and kill two birds with one stone. Boy was I mistaken.. I figured with some prodding you folks might rally you into action......again I was mistaken...

Well I've wasted enough time, all you Jub lovers go back to your Jub orgy...... I'm outta here this just isn't worth the effort.

Craig

Too bad there wasn't a pair of jubilees and crossovers traveling around that people could live with for about two weeks and then ship off to the next on the list. Actually there are several pairs of speakers I'd like to demo in such a fashion but all the speakers I like or think I would like are big......

Westminster_cutaway.jpgTannoy Never heard a dual concentric back loaded horn like this but want to.

Funny you bring that up. I have a pair of 515E woofers that I'm delivery to a AK member next weekend that are going to used in a Tannoy cabinet similar to just that.

Craig

The thought of Craig and Dean together.............. makes me envision the Superbowl Snickers commercial..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oooij6sQYgI

Actually most of the time Dean and I talk or see each other we spend most of are time (when were not argueing about something audio) laughing are arses off on how screwed up things get on this forum. Funny video though

Craig