jubilee

bodcaw boy

• Moderators
Actually most of the time Dean and I talk or see each other we spend most of are time (when were not argueing about something audio) laughing are arses off on how screwed up things get on this forum.

So is the bickering in this thread officially screwed up enough now that I can lock it, or am I going to get a hundred emails accusing me of being an intolerant Nazi?

Just curious.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's wrong with bickering? Not much PK spirit around here if you don't let the 2x4's swing around a bit. What's the point in locking or deleting it, there will just be another, and another, etc. How about we give you a choice -- Jubilee threads or tube vs.solid state threads.:)

Actually most of the time Dean and I talk or see each other we spend most of are time (when were not argueing about something audio) laughing are arses off on how screwed up things get on this forum.

So is the bickering in this thread officially screwed up enough now that I can lock it, or am I going to get a hundred emails accusing me of being an intolerant Nazi?

Just curious.

miss na.....er amy,

have i mentioned lately that you are looking stunning!!

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

I miss the views feature, I bet this one got hammered.

Interesting point. I was once going to make a comment that although they usually melt down, the Jubilee threads are typically pretty interesting AND active.

edit: even if it IS just Craig & myself sharing some Jubilee luv...[8o|]

Just curious.

Why lock it. Other then certain people vaulting vailed personal attacks having nothing to do with the subject at hand I see nothing objectionable in the this thread. I mean geezzz this is pretty mild stuff compared to a few years ago. Locking up the disagreements just lets things stew to come back up again and again. Some times you have to let folks just duke it out. I'd just stop it before someone gets bloody [;)]

What kind of Jubilee do you have? (fill in the blanks)

1. Which bass bin - homebrew or Klipsch?______

2. Which top end and horn?______

3. Which crossovers?_______

4. Which amplifier?______

5. What primary source components?_______

This much I know for sure. Connect any Heritage speaker to the wrong stuff and it can make you wish you were getting your teeth drilled without anesthetic. I very much doubt the Jubilee is somehow more forgiving considering the roll-your-own nature of it.

That is exactly why I would love to have an apples to apples dual setup in identical rooms to eliminate as many variables as possible. I mean it's not like these speakers are some exotic wood finish.. well most of them anyway. I can understand Dean's reluctance with his upstairs I can only imagine the PITA it is to get them down the stairs which if I remember what he told me correctly the stairs are narrow and not a straight shot down.

Craig

Too bad there wasn't a pair of jubilees and crossovers traveling around that people could live with for about two weeks and then ship off to the next on the list. Actually there are several pairs of speakers I'd like to demo in such a fashion but all the speakers I like or think I would like are big......

Westminster_cutaway.jpgTannoy Never heard a dual concentric back loaded horn like this but want to.

Funny you bring that up. I have a pair of 515E woofers that I'm delivery to a AK member next weekend that are going to used in a Tannoy cabinet similar to just that.

Craig

I've always been interested in Tannoys but there ain't many available to listen to here in the south. Please let me know how everything turns out as I am very curious.

The Prestige line story is really cool. They found a bunch of speaker plans that the founder was working on in an office before he passed away. They actually resurfaced during a move and eventually built most of them. They really cater to the Japanese market but they seem to be buying them. Way to go Tannoy.

What kind of Jubilee do you have? (fill in the blanks)

1. Which bass bin - homebrew or Klipsch?______

2. Which top end and horn?______

3. Which crossovers?_______

4. Which amplifier?______

5. What primary source components?_______

This much I know for sure. Connect any Heritage speaker to the wrong stuff and it can make you wish you were getting your teeth drilled without anesthetic. I very much doubt the Jubilee is somehow more forgiving considering the roll-your-own nature of it.

The Jubilee is not forgiving.

I don't think it makes a big difference if you build your own cabinet according to some of the "good" plans or buy the cabinet. It is an improvement over the Khorn bass depending on your musical preferences - think of it as Klipschorn meets KLF-30. I like it.

The 510 is more subdued than the 402. I would choose the 402 primarily due to aesthetics and its bigger sound. The 402, however, blaring AC/DC at 100+ db's using SS equipment is not enjoyable and is in fact painful - to my ears.

Some will blame the room, some will blame the components, some will blame the horns, some will say stand off-axis... in simple terms, the Jubilees surpass anything Klipsch has built and in the wrong hands can make you wilt like a flower under a magnifying glass.

I own Khorns. If the right oppty presented itself, I would buy Jubilees in an instant.

I would also buy the Klipsch headphones but no one told me about the special offer.

"Think of it as Klipschorn meets KLF-30."

Yuck, those earbleeders? I think the top is clean and open like the RF-7 but with the huge soundstage.

"...however, blaring AC/DC at 100+ db's using SS equipment is not enjoyable and is in fact painful - to my ears."

Those short burst were almost 120dB. That kind of loud is painful no matter what the speaker sounds like.

"This much I know for sure. Connect any Heritage speaker to the wrong stuff and it can make you wish you were getting your teeth drilled without anesthetic."

Isn't that what "the live sound" is all about?:) Trust me, the Jubilee top section is very well behaved, and it likes crappy pro amps almost as much as it likes nice tube gear.

Hey...since this is a Jubilee thread...can I ask a Jubilee question

What finishes are available? Can I get a RAW birch one or are these made of MDF?

Wasn't there a marine plywood deal going?

Just figured since ugly keeps coming up...what happening in that area?

I personally think a metal trimed one with handles would be cool.

Mike would probally want to add one to his collection if these things had handles.

How about a mini one with a sub.

How about an auto version for the back of my SUV.