jubilee

bodcaw boy

This kind of needs to stop, I really don't want to see the thread deleted.

In case anyone is wondering, Craig and I have been on speaking terms for a couple of months, we just spoke on the phone last week. He just thinks the statements are out of proportion with the actual improvements, and that they probably sound good -- but that it's more of a lateral upgrade. Truthfully, he's being fairly consistent here because he's been saying that to me about this stuff since I've known him. You get to a certain level and it's more different than better. Now, that may not be the case with the Jubilee, but he has a right to believe it. As for the VRD's, I don't think Craig has ever said much about their sound, he's leaves the "exaggerating" to his customers.:) At any rate, it's kind of nutty to go after his amps as a form of retribution.

I'll take some measurements and see if I can get a K-402/K-69-A into my car. It doesn't take a Jubilee to stomp a Klipschorn, I can do it with a JubScala.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, jeez, now Dean goes Mr. Sensitive on us and they are not even his feelings he is getting sensitive about. [:'(]

My interjection was meant to be humorous. None of this is about VRD's; its about saying one thing while doing another.

Truth be told, in the end, none of it matters.

When you die and we all will, no one will give a rats a$$ what your opinion of Jubilees, VRD's, Khorns or anything else related to this silly obsession was; further, last I checked, there was no statistical correlation between Craig's opinion on anything and your individual listening enjoyment.

Pursue what you will, enjoy what you will, buy what you will... and don't give a damn about others objections to it.

Cause if Craig heard them he could not say the claims about how good ther are are exaggerated anymore. Then he would feel...well..Like he should have withheld comments until he actually heard them at the very least! Wait I think I remember him saying something like that about some ampEmbarrassed

rigma

Oh yea what amp is that??

I think this is the one from one of your post:

"No the builder just thinks YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT and I owe you absolutely no explaination. You have never been and absolutely will never be a customer of mine. I owe you nothing.

You know its hard to believe just how thick headed you are..............I have never cared for you in the 5 years we have both posted on this forum and have never been shy in saying so. I could careless what you think you know. You have never even heard a pair of my amps but you post more frequently about what they are or are not then folks that have owned them for over 3 years. The VRD's have things in common with just about every top rated vintage power amp made in the 60's and yes Dynaco would be one of them. But it would be the last I would compare or say the amp was fashioned after since the original Dynaco sounded like a piece of crap in 100% original form. Heck your pair of Dynaco are just a small percentage better then the original.

THE VRD IS NOT A MODIFIED DYNACO it would be closer to a modified EICO HF-50 or HF-60 in fact. Hmmmmmm guess who made the iron for some of those amps back in the day. Get a clue dude."

Craig

AGAIN I HAVE NEVER STATED ANYTHING AS TO WHAT JUBS SOUND LIKE..... All I have ever stated is the improvement reports are hugely overstated. And what do base that on? Face it guys/gals this hobby really lends itself to self delusion and we are all guilty of it. You can all spout that the JUBs are in the same room you had your Khorn's in all you want but by the time you move one set of beast man speakers out of the way and slide in another your audio memory is mush and your visual memory, bucks and efforts spent take over So is that why VRD's are so great??.........this is basic human nature stuff. This is my opinion and I have every right too it.

I have never said they were NO IMPROVEMENTS. Just that the improvement reports are HUGELY overstated. OK I see the difference now.

I have never said they were BAD in anyway.

If I have show me where????

I want a heads up comparison where I and other individuals (without a vested interest) OK so you are now unbiased? can walk from one identical room to another and HEAR a real comparison. But it sounds like the JUB folks are scared WinkNope, It will take allot more than that to scare me!

Craig

hey rigmatoni,

do you think he will see the irony or at least the hypocrisy?

probably not......[8-|]

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

ps. i see amy's fingers approaching......uh oh.....now we done did it......

Oh, jeez, now Dean goes Mr. Sensitive on us and they are not even his feelings he is getting sensitive about. [:'(]

My interjection was meant to be humorous. None of this is about VRD's; its about saying one thing while doing another.

Truth be told, in the end, none of it matters.

When you die and we all will, no one will give a rats a$$ what your opinion of Jubilees, VRD's, Khorns or anything else related to this silly obsession was; further, last I checked, there was no statistical correlation between Craig's opinion on anything and your individual listening enjoyment.

Pursue what you will, enjoy what you will, buy what you will... and don't give a *** about others objections to it.

i would try some of that sensitivity mr anarchist. [8-|]

and you are absolutely right, there is only one thing that will matter when we die. one decision that should be made in this life and that's it.......

by the way, you and yours doing okay?

roy

Is there any way someone could ask someone at Klipsch to bring out a pair of Jubs to AKfest ?

To settle all this.

or maybe some dueling pistols....

hey whataburger55,

it has been settled. this is just typical fare for a jubilee thread. it's the heards vs not the heards.

roy

Craig and I have been on speaking terms for a couple of months, we just spoke on the phone last week.

I knew you guys couldn't stay away from each other too long! [:|] Now - I'm not sure what sort of outcome I personally want here. If Craig goes to Deans house for a listen - he might think they are da bomb, in which case, my morning coffee Klipsch forum reading 'me time' goes down the crapper. If Craig goes to Deans and doesn't like them, then we lose the "you didn't hear them yet you comment" posts and again my forum enjoyment goes down the crapper. I don't know how to feel about the concept. I am ambivalent.

I'll take some measurements and see if I can get a K-402/K-69-A into my car. It doesn't take a Jubilee to stomp a Klipschorn, I can do it with a JubScala

Ahh... perhaps a quick trip to Detroit (isn't that where Craig lives??) and attach said K402 to Craig's very own LaScala bass bins?

ohhhhhhhhhh, how despicably delightful!! Let Craig hear his own speakers, get squashed by his own speakers in his own house?

clever!

[Y]

• Moderators

New material? I've been here for eight years, sorry, but this is as good as it gets!

I mean the Jub arguments. Seems same old to me. I guess it's because I try not to pay too close of attention [:)]

Cause if Craig heard them he could not say the claims about how good ther are are exaggerated anymore. Then he would feel...well..Like he should have withheld comments until he actually heard them at the very least! Wait I think I remember him saying something like that about some ampEmbarrassed

rigma

Oh yea what amp is that??

I think this is the one from one of your post:

"No the builder just thinks YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT and I owe you absolutely no explaination. You have never been and absolutely will never be a customer of mine. I owe you nothing.

You know its hard to believe just how thick headed you are..............I have never cared for you in the 5 years we have both posted on this forum and have never been shy in saying so. I could careless what you think you know. You have never even heard a pair of my amps but you post more frequently about what they are or are not then folks that have owned them for over 3 years. The VRD's have things in common with just about every top rated vintage power amp made in the 60's and yes Dynaco would be one of them. But it would be the last I would compare or say the amp was fashioned after since the original Dynaco sounded like a piece of crap in 100% original form. Heck your pair of Dynaco are just a small percentage better then the original.

THE VRD IS NOT A MODIFIED DYNACO it would be closer to a modified EICO HF-50 or HF-60 in fact. Hmmmmmm guess who made the iron for some of those amps back in the day. Get a clue dude."

Craig

AGAIN I HAVE NEVER STATED ANYTHING AS TO WHAT JUBS SOUND LIKE..... All I have ever stated is the improvement reports are hugely overstated. And what do base that on? Face it guys/gals this hobby really lends itself to self delusion and we are all guilty of it. You can all spout that the JUBs are in the same room you had your Khorn's in all you want but by the time you move one set of beast man speakers out of the way and slide in another your audio memory is mush and your visual memory, bucks and efforts spent take over So is that why VRD's are so great??.........this is basic human nature stuff. This is my opinion and I have every right too it.

I have never said they were NO IMPROVEMENTS. Just that the improvement reports are HUGELY overstated. OK I see the difference now.

I have never said they were BAD in anyway.

If I have show me where????

I want a heads up comparison where I and other individuals (without a vested interest) OK so you are now unbiased? can walk from one identical room to another and HEAR a real comparison. But it sounds like the JUB folks are scared WinkNope, It will take allot more than that to scare me!

Craig

I have no clue what this has do to with me talking about amps that I have never heard or reversing my opinion on amps after hearing them or what ever it is your talking about........

Again I have never commented on what JUB's sound like or tried to technically comment on the pro's and con's. Just simple do not believe one can gain a 50% improvement when you already have a speaker system performing at 90% Sonic qualties available. To improve the sound to a degree professed by the Jub loving crowd the other Heritage speakers would have to be garbage like something purchased out of a white van.

Craig

Craig

What manufacturers do not exaggerate in audio???

Interesting. Aren't you the manufacturer of the VRD's? So, where are YOU exaggerating their abilities? c'mon & tell us. You just admitted that all manufacturers do it therefore you do too, right? So again, c'mon & tell us... what about them have you exaggerated about and is actually a lie?

Confused

I'd be a bit put out by that comment if I owned a pair of VRD's to now learn that their father admittedly lied about them Sad

You see this is where the problems lies in threads on this forum. Someone disagrees with someone and certain people get personal or blatantly attack via baiting and innuendo.

Fist off show me where I talk much or give raving reviews or comments about the quality of my amps???? I let me customers do that for me. I usually stay completely out of those types of conversations until some outside person that has little or no up close and personal experience with this product starts the baiting and BS ( I refrain from naming names but most are rearing up in here once again).

This is a discussion about speakers. My amplifiers, business have absolutely nothing to do with it. Bringing them up is blantant baiting and attacking offense IMHO But when cornered some of you childish folks always resort to the same old game.

Craig