Arkansas boy kills bear

colterphoto1

Wow....kid was up in a blind....bear walked out into the open....kid pulled the trigger...bear dropped...I guess those youth riffles work.

Local news last night said his grandfather took him hunting. When grandad saw the bear he told grandson to take the shot.

• Moderators

Doc,

You ever eaten bear? If is very fatty and greasy, at least mine was, and except for a few choice cuts they suggested for jerky and sausage, the rest got donated to the local game meat for the poor program. You would have to really have to hide the taste with something, and I love just about every type of wild game there is. A lot is going to depend on what they eat too, so it will very from place to place.

Travis

Doc,

You ever eaten bear? If is very fatty and greasy, at least mine was, and except for a few choice cuts they suggested for jerky and sausage, the rest got donated to the local game meat for the poor program. You would have to really have to hide the taste with something, and I love just about every type of wild game there is. A lot is going to depend on what they eat too, so it will very from place to place.

Travis

Never eaten bear, but some old-timers I used to go hunting with said that bear paws were a treat because they were muscular. I have a recipe in an old cookbook for fixing them.

Doc,

Travis

Never eaten bear, but some old-timers I used to go hunting with said that bear paws were a treat because they were muscular. I have a recipe in an old cookbook for fixing them.

*Some of them old cookbooks have some interesting recipes for sure like Hard Sauce.

When I told my nephew I would take him barr hunting his eyes got big. Bar hunting now, I've done that!