P39 or Jubilee's---------HELP!!!!

smilin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, Steve. You've likely heard more high-end speakers than any member here. If you don't know by now which direction your preference lies, I can't believe that a thread like this (where nearly everyone will recommend that which is most like what they own) can help.

My advice is to buy both. Post a comparo and we can all defend our prejudices!

Wow, Steve. You've likely heard more high-end speakers than any member here. If you don't know by now which direction your preference lies, I can't believe that a thread like this (where nearly everyone will recommend that which is most like what they own) can help.

My advice is to buy both. Post a comparo and we can all defend our prejudices!

Ben, Gotta have some fun here, I really wanna hear form the Klipsch team, cause, they are the only people I know of who have heard both, preferrably from Roy. I will try to reach him tomorrow, before my family vacation. I am very tired from this past year, which has REALLY been screwy in my biz. I am just looking for some fun feedback, and communication tonight. I miss most of you NUTZ on this forum.

Physics is physics - bigger is better. The Jubilee is the fulfilment of PWK's dreams where the Palladium is driven by the world of marketing...

You like bass right? Ever thought about an MWM bassbin with K402 tweeter? [;)]

Physics is physics - bigger is better. The Jubilee is the fulfilment of PWK's dreams where the Palladium is driven by the world of marketing...

You like bass right? Ever thought about an MWM bassbin with K402 tweeter? Wink

I hear ya, I just gots no corners, thinking of different bass bin, maybe[H]OTOH, those Palladiums look fabulous, and with newer technology, may just be DA BOMB.....I sure would love to compare...yaknow[:P]

I haven't heard the P39 so I don't know. I have heard the jub's & they are absolutely fantastic even without being in corners. If I had the money they would be in my house now. I'm working toward a poor man jub, 402 horn on top of lascala bottom.

Happy Birthday loon. :)

Your living room is pretty nice, so I think unless you have the spare change to special order some furniture grade finished Jubilees -- you should probably just go with a pair of Palladiums. If you really want the best you are going to have to compromise on the cosmetics -- there's no hiding the big horn. Keep in mind too that the Jubilees don't come with crossovers -- you either have to run an active set up or get some passives built up. The Palladium has a lot of polish and you can just plug and play, which tends to cut down on audio nervosa. :) As far as the actual sound comparison goes, I would imagine the presentations are quite different.

"I hear ya, I just gots no corners...those Palladiums look fabulous, and with newer technology, may just be DA BOMB."

With no corners, response drops like a rock around 60Hz. To get the low end, she needs to be within a foot of some corners (just like the 60th Anniversary Klipschorn). The back is finished, but the Jubilee low end still needs the gain that comes from corner loading. I think you should take a pass and just go with the Palladiums.

I've got some Mach Ones I'll sell you.... [6]

I'm clearly biased besides, I've never heard the Palladiums.

I tend to agree with Dr. Who in that just like auto power, there's no replacement for displacement (or something like that)

I don't know what the actual street price might be for the big P's but it seems as though you could buy maybe three Jubilees for the price of two Palladiums? Maybe build a killer 3 way system with a center channel?

"...this speaker [P39] is the pinnacle of modern-day horn-loaded technology..."

LOL!

Just to clarify, I don't see how you can have "the pinnacle of modern-day horn-loaded technology" while using a bass reflex cabinet.

I am waiting for a pair of P39's to hit one of our stores as I would like to hear them. They don't seem horny enough for me.

Maybe it is "the pinnacle of modern-day horn-loaded technology and bass reflex".

Setster......so your local dealer is gettin a P39 or just wishing?

My local dealer dropped Klipsch w/in the last year.

jc

Maybe it is "the pinnacle of modern-day horn-loaded technology and bass reflex".

Setster......so your local dealer is gettin a P39 or just wishing?

My local dealer dropped Klipsch w/in the last year.

jc

I am just wishing. Are these being built in Hope? In may be easier and more realistic to bribe my way in with a cooler full of ribs :)

"...this speaker [P39] is the pinnacle of modern-day horn-loaded technology..."

LOL!

Just to clarify, I don't see how you can have "the pinnacle of modern-day horn-loaded technology" while using a bass reflex cabinet.

They probably are referring to the midrange clarity and its integration with the other drivers. JBL also choose to go with bass reflex woofers in their Mt. Everest statement speakers ($30,000). It is interesting that the folks on the Heritage forum have embraced the Mt. Everest speakers.

In my experience, I remember my old horns sounded good at a specific volume. They tended to fall apart at high volumes, and the "air" or separation would go away during complex passages at most volumes. The soundstage was also very wide, but 2 dimensional and the instruments and vocals seemed to get bigger at louder volumes, rather than just louder. As a dislaimer I had the stock horns and driver, but you see what I am getting at as far as refinement of the midrange drivers.

That being said, they were outstanding speakers for $2,000 to $3,000. I had just as much fun owning them as I have with my present speakers, and that is what this is all about.

I think that Mark hit his right. It reminds me if the 60's muscle cars vs new sports cars debates. New sports cars cannot beat a supercharged big block in a straight line (some can), but they can do so many other things right.

When the Palladium gets released, Klipsch really needs to form a separate categories on these forums. Maybe a Heritage section and a Palladium section. Otherwise it will just be a constant flame war and potential Palladium owners have many other choices in that price range (and forums to discuss their new toys).

post-10861-13819354610984_thumb.jpg