My Home Theater Klipsch Legends

CarlV

Very nice indeed! Have you tried separating the mains by another couple of feet and toeing them in? My setup is very similar to yours except I am using 4 Chorus's instead of the KLF-30's. I have the same DVD player and center, but have the Denon 4800 w/Acurus A200X3 amp driving the front soundstage. I'm sure your system sounds very nice. I also like the reflection coming from the Mitsu...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Lindsey:

Have you tried separating the mains by another couple of feet and toeing them in?

Yes I've tried that already, it decreased the soundstage alittle. Also, I've heard that putting the mains as close to the TV as possible is the best way to go for the most realism while watching movies.

My room is very small- only 13' X 14'.

My next upgrade is the receiver, maybe a Denon 4802 or 5802.

WOW! Nice setup I love the KLF-30's too. I have the same speak as you except I don't have 30's In the rear.

I alo have 2 20-39CS subs w/samson s700 amp. Klipsch SVS make great match don't they?

I also lack the big T.V. someday though, Again really looks great.

Craig

This message has been edited by Craig6519 on 01-12-2002 at 10:32 AM

Carl, have you ever tried turning your surrounds in toward each other? I see you have them toed in. Thats how I did mine to start. But tried different methods. And found having them behind you a couple of feet and pointing at each other,rather than the listener, produced a better result.

If you haven't, try it. Get the Video essential set-up disc, and adjust the speakers levels and see what you think.

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

Real cozy Carl.Several years ago,before I moved,I started buying HT pieces that I wanted while I could afford them.The big TV and speakers in the small room provided a great cinematic experience.Your set-up reminds me of mine,then.I know it sounds great.

BTW,what are you using for support on top of your TV for the whopper KLF-C7?

Keith

Carl,

Very nice system,great match of gear too!I like the smooth 3801 with Klipsches.Its not agressive and can no doubt drive your KLF30's to realistic volumes.

WOW KLF30 as sourrounds! You did not cut any corvers. LOL

And the SVS sub,GREAT CHOICE.Its a real helper down very low.I know the KLF30 can sure provide plenty of bass by itself,with the SVS its a great combo.

Hmmm should I add a set of RF-7's in the rear? I am thinking now

Great setup you have,I also have my Klipsch system in a small room ( 10*14' !!!).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by MagnumMan:

Carl, have you ever tried turning your surrounds in toward each other? I see you have them toed in.

Interesting idea, although i don't think it will work in my situation because my rear surrounds are pratically up against the wall.

But I love tweaking so I'll give it a try and report back.

Carl

quote:

Originally posted by talktoKeith:

BTW,what are you using for support on top of your TV for the whopper KLF-C7?

Keith

Just 2 boards on the ends and one long board on top of the two boards. All painted black. Seems to support the C7 fine.

Carl

Carl,

Awesome setup! I bet you will be investing in some good hearing aids in about 10 years.! I bet that room has a very high spl level.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I live in a trailer,so have a small HT area as well. From the back of couch to wall is less than 3 ft. The rear speakers are against the walls in corners. Right now they are a pair of JBL floorstanding speakers. But within the next week or so,I'm moving my KG 3.5's to surrounds. Can't wait to horns all the way around!cwm30.gif

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

Cool setup Carl. Don't you get picture distortion on that nice TV with the magnets from the 30's so close? I'd also be worried about that door smacking my surround in the back there. Is that just a closet or something. All in all it sounds awesome. I own the 30's myself and I love them.

User Name

quote:

Originally posted by User Name:

Don't you get picture distortion on that nice TV with the magnets from the 30's so close? I'd also be worried about that door smacking my surround in the back there. Is that just a closet or something.

User Name

Yeah it's just a closet door.

The KLF30 magnets don't affect the TV at all. I think the tubes are very deep inside the cabinet.

Recent update, I swapped out the 3801 for the 3802. Maybe it a placeblo effect but I really think the 3802 is warmer sounding, much smoother and more powerful. Also I love Prologic 2.

Carl

"Maybe it a placeblo effect but I really think the 3802 is warmer sounding, much smoother and more powerful. Also I love Prologic 2."

"PLACEBLO" it is LOL

The 3801 and 3802 besides the extra features in the pro are quite close.Very close.

Its last week I purchased XYZ Model 1 and the NEW XYZ Model 2 is soooooooo muuuuuuch better. LOL

I know this well,as long as you can "hear" the gains its all good.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Awesome setup you got there!I'll i got is my dads crappy bose 5.1 setup!AHHHHHHHHH!!!!The little bose ones,what are they called?Let me look....................................VCS-10 center and 201 series 4 fronts!Yuck!!The rears are some 30 rear old pair of slightly bigger boses.At least i have a JBL sub.

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

"You will see more quotes by me"

"Like this one"

"I wish i knew more on speakers,hey,im only 13!!"