Screw Terminal to Binding Post Adapter

BEC

Bob, I think I know what you are asking.

There are some outfits selling these on Ebay that I have considered using before. A lot of vintage MAC users buy these things.

Go to Ebay and search:

"mcintosh amplifier terminal"

Make sure you "check" Search title and description

jc

I've used some of those, or quite similar. What I was using was not especially good metal. It worked ok, but was brittle enough that I broke one moving it under the head of a screw. Didn't think I'd torqued it that much, but gentle handling would be in order for the little prongie things.

I found something similar at Active Surplus, Queen St., Toronto, and have used them with my MC-30's for the past three years. Active Surplus has some new stuff and lots of used and surplus parts. It is usually a little hit and miss, but always worth the 30 minute visit before I go down to watch a Blue Jay or Argonaut game. They work quite well.

For the back of my Cornwalls, I drilled two holes into the back and added a 5-way binding posts at the bottom. It worked quite well and I didn't have to worry about heavy speaker wire running up the back of the speaker. A little soldering for the connection behind the back cover and you have flexibility and a more solid looking connection. While I was at it, I also replaced the internal wiring with the same speaker wire I am currently using.