xiang ba lao in China = redneck in China

Trey Cannon

• Klipsch Employees

Well, I am on my first trip to China and all I can say is WOW.

I have seen some things that I have only heard of. I am using someones PC right now. When I get home this weekend I will give some details.

My new name is Xiang ba lao...cham ba la...this means from the country,first time in city.

I guess it fits...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been throughout Europe but haven't been to Asia, but I know what you mean about seeing things you've only read about...it's quite the experience you'll cherish for a lifetime. Enjoy your visit and have a safe trip back, Trey.

• Klipsch Employees
Well I made it back and with no international issues. I had a good time. Made some new friends. Got a new job. Quit said new job. I have some cool pic's and will post them soon. The factories I visited were very cool. All of the ones I visited had something to do with building a part for our products. The detail that they follow to make sure that every part is up to our standard is huge. The QC of the parts before they make it to the line to be put into a speaker is 100 %. Then once in the speaker they are tested 100% again. I was able to see voice coils built, Rock cabinets, Tweeters, Woofers, Cabinets with high gloss finish, along with other things. There are some factories that have Klipsch on the building. That’s all they build in that building. As many of you know, I come from Hope and respect what our people do there. I now have a much higher respect for the China workers. Their driving skills on the other hand I question. There are lines on the road, but they don't use them. I have seen cars and motorcycles going the wrong way on city streets and the express way. They just point and go. It was to the point that I would just try and sleep when in the car, so I didn’t have to watch.

Xian Ba Lao probably has a new job massaging feet...

Trey,
I was surprised that you were first allowed on the plane. I guess those bench warrants are only good in Arkansas. I am surprised they let you in China. I am even more surprised that they let you OUT of China. But I am glad you made it back safely!

They didn't let you drive at all? I would have thought that you had fit in real well driving Chinese style. Their pickups are just smaller and some only have 3 wheels.

Get some rest, every two hours until you get over the jet lag.

IV Stringer, Thanks for taking care of our local redneck. I am sure you will have tons of funny pictures and stories to tell us about Trey. Sounds like some good blogs are on their way.