cheeseburger in a can

iwillwalk

Amy and Ear, re the Diet Soda thing...

I always drink diet soda because there's so much sugar in the regular stuff that it makes me stomach sick, and I don't really care for the taste. Doesn't matter whether I'm having a lunch consisiting of a veggie salad with light dressing or a mega double cheeseburger with extra bacon, I'll order either a black coffee or a diet coke to drink. Has nothing to do with the calories in the drink, I just like it better.

Amy,

Might want to take it easy on the tea.... Picked up a copy of Arthrits Today at the doctor's office. I think it was the Mayo Clinic that has released a study that while a moderate amount of tea (black or green) is good for you and makes ones bones stronger, excessive tea, 10 to 40 cups woth a day can be bad for the bones. Something about too much flouride.

I think another article also said reasonable amounts of alcolhol, especially red wine, was good for something, maybe RA? Even 3 glasses and that 10 might provide more benefits. Can't remember if that was a day or a week. Natually, one can't swill wine all day. At lest not at work.

So, water may be the only thing one can drink a lot of without some adverse side effects though I think I read somewhere it is possible to over hydrate but I think that is very rare and one has to just keep drinking very excessively. Of course the water can be very problematic if it's contaminated.

I didn't know diet soda makes one hungrier. Kind of self defeating. And I don't care what they say, I'm not so sure that siet doda doesn't cause some type of dain bramage but just speculating. I'm not sure it's steen budied.

So, water may be the only thing one can drink a lot of without some adverse side effects though I think I read somewhere it is possible to over hydrate but I think that is very rare and one has to just keep drinking very excessively. Of course the water can be very problematic if it's contaminated.

I didn't know diet soda makes one hungrier. Kind of self defeating. And I don't care what they say, I'm not so sure that siet doda doesn't cause some type of dain bramage but just speculating. I'm not sure it's steen budied.

Tap water in most locations has too many chemicals in it, but a $30 pitcher w/filter can remove them. If you make tea or coffee with filtered water you don't need to use as much tea or coffee and will get a much better taste. The fluoride in most municipal water supplies reacts with aluminum cookware, putting aluminum into your system. Fluoride will begin to replace the iodine in your system, and can serve almost the same function except that fluoride is around in huge quantities and is toxic. (higher iodine levels will also protect your teeth, if I have read correctly.)

Apsertame (Nutrisweet), the sweetener in most diet soft drinks, is also not good for you. It is a mood altering drug and can cause vision problems. Other soft drinks use corn syrup as a sweetener, which has its own problems.

Tap water in most locations has too many chemicals in it, but a $30 pitcher w/filter can remove them. If you make tea or coffee with filtered water you don't need to use as much tea or coffee and will get a much better taste. The fluoride in most municipal water supplies reacts with aluminum cookware, putting aluminum into your system. Fluoride will begin to replace the iodine in your system, and can serve almost the same function except that fluoride is around in huge quantities and is toxic. (higher iodine levels will also protect your teeth, if I have read correctly.)

Apsertame (Nutrisweet), the sweetener in most diet soft drinks, is also not good for you. It is a mood altering drug and can cause vision problems. Other soft drinks use corn syrup as a sweetener, which has its own problems.

Our drinking water filter is supposed to move most of the bad stuff so I hope it does. I hadn't heard of Aspartame being mood altering and that it could cause vision problems... I do recall reading in one of the earlier Atkinson diet books to avoid most diet soda but those sweetened with Splenda were OK. I forget why, maybe it doesn't make you hungrier. Probably safest to only drink anything other than pure water in moderation.

I always use the purified drinking water for making tea or coffee and cooking as I think thigs do taste better. We have well water but it's hard telling what's in it though the softener should at least get rid of the iron and sulpher though probably adds some sodium. The filters should get rid of most things and it does taste better than the water through the softener. I never drink our well water before it's at least been through the softener as it's loaded with iron and occasionally some sulpher (have only noticed a few times with old softener that did not work well).

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it'l keep me drinking more water and cut back on the diet sodas

Other soft drinks use corn syrup as a sweetener, which has its own problems.

Thus the famous Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin, Texas, which only uses pure cane sugar (also strictly from Texas) in its original recipe Dr. Pepper.

BTW, as a science experiment and publicity stunt, I will eat the cheeseburger in a can if someone sends me one.

Other soft drinks use corn syrup as a sweetener, which has its own problems.

Thus the famous Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin, Texas, which only uses pure cane sugar (also strictly from Texas) in its original recipe Dr. Pepper.

BTW, as a science experiment and publicity stunt, I will eat the cheeseburger in a can if someone sends me one.

the soda makers all switch over for a week during passover due to the cornsyrup nature. It tastes better with sucrose.

fluoride replaces the calcium in the bones.... causing weaker bones or teeth. that is in high quanitities though... If you use HF (Hydrogen Florude acid, and spill it on yourself your bones will become so weak they will break as you also get burned. Also the aluminum cookware thing is mostly mythical at best.... there is no scientific study at all with aluminum cookware and autism, etc... Aluminum is one of the most non reactive metals there is.

Iodine in large quantities is also very toxic

It is not a mood altering drug at all.... and vision problems? First I heard, aspartamine is the well documented and found no link to cancer or anything else. The rat that did contract cancer was given something like 2 million times the normal dose in one dose to get cancer.

Our drinking water filter is supposed to move most of the bad stuff so I hope it does. I hadn't heard of Aspartame being mood altering and that it could cause vision problems... I do recall reading in one of the earlier Atkinson diet books to avoid most diet soda but those sweetened with Splenda were OK. I forget why, maybe it doesn't make you hungrier. Probably safest to only drink anything other than pure water in moderation.

Splenda is sugar with a key component manipulated so it will not digest in your body. That is why they say it is made from sugar and tastes like sugar because it is nearly sugar except I believe reading somewhere that they strip an oxygen bond with chlorine to produce splenda

I always use the purified drinking water for making tea or coffee and cooking as I think thigs do taste better. We have well water but it's hard telling what's in it though the softener should at least get rid of the iron and sulpher though probably adds some sodium. The filters should get rid of most things and it does taste better than the water through the softener. I never drink our well water before it's at least been through the softener as it's loaded with iron and occasionally some sulpher (have only noticed a few times with old softener that did not work well).

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it'l keep me drinking more water and cut back on the diet sodas