What would it take to get you to go SS again?

Audio Flynn

What would it take: Bryston, Classe, Levinson, McIntosh, Krell, Pass. I lent my Musical Fidelity and Bryston gear to al all tube friend. His tubes are brighter (per him).

I borrowed his Jolida JD1000 tube integrated. It sounds great, but the SS sounded better. On poorly recorded material the tubes do better but the detail is missing. Its all preference.

I do agree that the Panasonic has faults in soundstaging compared to high end components, but its 200 bucks. What do you expect?

The JD1000 is a real piece of crap..... The amp has garbage transformers, garbage power supply and is an absolute horrible match for klipsh speakers just like most real high power tube amplifiers.

Craig

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I neglected to mention that the 2 channel preamp I am looking for isn't for the McIntosh system....it is for the 6 Cornwall theater system, which will be feeding the VRDs on the main 2 channels.

The C22 doesn't have HT pass through (a requirement for this layout), but that's really a secondary issue with the C22. I'm looking for a different presentation here, a more "modern" approach/sound that fits the VRDs. The JM Peach is the leading contender at this time, although I'm still thinking about it.

I love listening to you tube guys pound your chests. It's ok, some of us enjoy watching you competing to be the biggest pompous ***. Wink

Hmmmm... just seemed to be their preference, to me. I use both... Medium to high powered SS and low to medium tube gear. Whatever makes music.

I love listening to you tube guys pound your chests. It's ok, some of us enjoy watching you competing to be the biggest pompous ***. Wink

Ooh ooh, let me...."and forthwith no ss gear shall naught taint thine gossamar lobes with thou barbaric coarseness, lest ye be smite down by my most noble glassware!

Seriously though, my 3.5 watt SET's kick your SS's *** [;)]

Ooh ooh, let me...."and forthwith no ss gear shall naught taint thine gossamar lobes with thou barbaric coarseness, lest ye be smite down by my most noble glassware!

Seriously though, my 3.5 watt SET's kick your SS's *** Wink

Delusion is also a common trait. [;)]

Delusion is also a common trait. Wink

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! [:P]

Thanks for the laugh, this thread needed that!

Delusion is also a common trait. Wink

...works for my sex life, too!