Give Yourselves a Pat on the Back

thebes

Was scrolling through the "Unanswered Posts" section tonight, like I do from time to time looking to help out. Very happy to see that few "real" questions have not been responded to.

Mostly just a lot of "for sale" stuff. Don't get me wrong I was very happy to see them set up the "Garage Sale" section, the trading and selling was on the verge of overwhelming the Forum.

So for the regulars and occasionals, give yourself a pat on the back for taking care to help out those who need it in between spending some time here playing around. I know when I first came here it was I who was asking all the questions, and very happy and appreciative of all those who helped out.

Which leads me to my next question.

Is it really necessary to unplug the amp before opening it up and sticking my hands inside?

• Moderators

" Is it really necessary to unplug the amp before opening it up and sticking my hands inside? "

Not really, a little shock treatment is good on occasion, just don't abuse it or have sharp objects in the other hand at the same time.

Is it really necessary to unplug the amp before opening it up and sticking my hands inside?

Not at all Thebes. I agree with Dtel. A little shock treatment is good once in a while. Now, to maximize your shock experience, you may want to turn it on for a while before opening it up to make sure the capacitors are more fully charged.

Note: Do be careful as serious bodily damage or even electrocution can occur. This is not recommended if you're not highly experienced in handling large amounts of voltage and current. It may also give ones hair a frazzled look.

Not at all Thebes. I agree with Dtel. A little shock treatment is good once in a while. Now, to maximize your shock experience, you may want to turn it on for a while before opening it up to make sure the capacitors are more fully charged.

Note: Do be careful as serious bodily damage or even electrocution can occur. This is not recommended if you're not highly experienced in handling large amounts of voltage and current. It may also give ones hair a frazzled look.

Thebes,

I personally like a bit of juice running through the nervous system in the afternoons when the coffee wears off. When I first started on TV repair the old a..hole that taught me TVs grabbed my arm and a high voltage wire in a TV and fire flew out my fingertips. Lesson #1.

My grandfather used to do the same thing to me with the electric fencing we used to keep the cows out of the tobacco patches. It was worse with a good wet dew on the ground.

Add large amounts of alcohol to enhance the tracers. It might kill you but it's a cool rush.

Harry

Exactly. Cleaning yourself and your amp while repairing it and listen to some tunes at the same time. I think Khorns will sound great in a bathroom. Free electroshock therapy. One warning though: Don't brush your tubes too hard , you might lose the lettering!

"...TVs grabbed my arm and a high voltage wire in a TV and fire flew out my fingertips. Lesson #1.

My

grandfather used to do the same thing to me with the electric fencing

we used to keep the cows out of the tobacco patches. It was worse with

a good wet dew on the ground."

Well Harry that explains a lot.[:D]

I really like the idea of having fire shoot out of my fingers and I do need a bath so I'm heading upstairs lugging a Bogen MO100A, tube amp. At 100 watts and 3 amperes of juice at startup that should do the trick. I'll make sure those caps are nicely powered up before attempting this.

Hey, what could possibly go wrong?

Gee guys, thanks for all the kind advice!

• 5 years later...

Reviving this old thread because I'm pretty happy at the way folks are starting to show up again and juice up this place.

So please give yourself a pat on the back and hang around.

New Forum software.

Old friends.

Hopefully, many new friends.

New amp project. Only 380 volts on the rails, which doesn't give me the kick it used to, but in honor of our old friend HarryO, I'm going to lug it outside to a metal fence and see if I can make flames come out of my fingers.

• Moderators

Reviving this old thread because I'm pretty happy at the way folks are starting to show up again and juice up this place.

So please give yourself a pat on the back and hang around.

New Forum software.

Old friends.

Hopefully, many new friends.

New amp project. Only 380 volts on the rails, which doesn't give me the kick it used to, but in honor of our old friend HarryO, I'm going to lug it outside to a metal fence and see if I can make flames come out of my fingers.

Your right I know, I have received more good advice and help here over the years than I could begin to count............ Flame on Thebes :lol: