OT: Red Wings vs.

dkp

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a lot to say, yet at the same time; I'm speechless. Pittsburgh is an amazing hockey team! They played so-o hard and nearly pulled-off another last-second tie despite near total domination by the Wings in at least the third period. Pittsburgh never gave up. This final series was the best hockey we have seen in so many years.

Things evened-out a bit last night; in game 5, Kronwall found out what it's like to shoot a puck into his own net and then lose the game. Unfortunately for Fluery, he found out what that was like last night too as a 5-hole dribbler shot by Henrik Zetterberg seemed to be trapped beneath Fluery, but at the last instant, it emerged behind him and had stopped a couple of inches from the goal line. There was no whistle as Fluery did not have control and it was considerd a loose puck. In an effort to trap the puck beneath his back, Fluery laid backwards onto the ice and inadvertently knocked the puck into this own goal. A referee was there to signal the Wings' game-winner by the hand, er...um, back of Fuery. He must have felt awful, just as Kronwall had the game before. It happens to the best of us. As young as Fluery is and for as good as he is right now, can you just imagine his potential after he becomes a veteran goal minder like Osgood! OMG! Speaking of Osgood; the man is simply amazing and I think he is a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame!

Hats off to Zetterberg for winning the Conn Smythe MVP Trophy and to the entire Detroit Hockey Club and to each of the opposing teams for all of their efforts! What a great season they all gave us and the playoffs this year were as good as hockey gets! The only bad thing about last night from my perspective: No more hockey until October! The City of Detroit's parade for the Wings is tomorrow. Verna and I were there for the last one, but we've got too much going on this time so we'll be there in spirit. I bet our son Bill will be there! "Wild Octopi" couldn't keep him away! LOL THANK YOU, WINGS! -Glenn

Awesome game,set and match!!! Rosalie and I went to Old Chicago (a watering hole) to watch the game. We were the only Wings fans in the place surrounded by Pittsburgh fans!! The place went nuts when the Pen's scored their second goal.... Rosalie and I were like "please not again" It was great to see Hank hoist the Conn Smyth and it was even sweeter to see Dallas Drake hoist the cup after all of the toiling he has gone through!

Hockey is, in my opinion, the ultimate team sport with the most grueling playoff format. These guys truly EARN their championship.

Dave, don't just think about taking your oldest to the parade.... You have got to go. If Patrick, my grandson and I had the opportunity, we would be there.... memories like this last a lifetime!!!!

CONGRATS TO THE WINGS!

I called Picky last night, as a non "real" Hockey Fan turned into a semifinal / final fan watching it in HD the finals it was amazing!

Congrats to the Wings...With five min to go I thought Detroit had it all sewn up. My heart almost dropped for them in that last 3 seconds...

A fantastic final game IMO. I will be watching more hockey next year. Can I adopt the Wings as my team?

Congrats to the Wings and their fans. Great series, except for the outcome! Pittsburgh did extremely well for a young team, but couldn't overcome the defense of the wings. I couldn't believe it when Crosby's backhander almost went in. That would have been amazing, but it didn't. I can only expect great things in the future from this team. Enjoy the cup guys, you certainly earned it.

Tom

I don't know of another sport that provides the "heart-stopping" action that hockey does. Heck, I dunno why they even call it "heart-stopping" as mine was about to blow out the wall of my chest several times during the playoffs this year. I was flipping back-n-forth between the Wings and the Pistons and just didn't get the same rush of adrenaline from basketball that I do from hockey. Maybe it's just me but when you have a sport that combines such generally low scoring matches and combine it with a relatively high number of quality scoring chances, it's pretty darn exciting and keeps you nailed to your seat. What an awesome sport!

Congrats to the Wings for a great year and nearly perfect ending to the season! My hat is off to the Penguins and their fanatical fans as they provided the Wings with a worthy opponent and a steadfast crowd. That will be a team to reckon with for years to come as long as they hold onto their goalie.

Exactly how I feel... What sport can come close to matching Hockey..? NONE!!! Not even close. I could go on and on about this, but I won't. Well maybe a little. Basketball..? You have to be kidding, They whine about as much as Soccer players. OK I have to let it go... MMmmmmmm..... Deep breath, MMmmmmm... Breathe...

Thanks for letting me vent, Jeff