OT: great gas mileage and cool, too.

Daddy Dee

Unfortunately, I remember when 500cc was considered big...[:(]

A lot of the Chinese have electric bikes. They pull the battery pack at night and charge it for the next day.

Looks like fun, but it could get rough during love bug season.

You can tell you live in the south...

I saw a lot of scooters like this while visiting my gf in Nanchang. This one has a 30 kilometer range on a single charge.

post-7149-1381937426678_thumb.jpg

Guest srobak

WAY over priced on the Vespa. If that's what local dealers are selling it for, then they should be thrown in jail. Their top model only MSRPs for 5500, but you can get even better scooters for less than half that price from Yam/Suz/Hon, and you can get their larger-engined scooters for the same price as the top Vespa.

For less than the price listed in the previous post, you could get into a brand new motorcycle - cruiser or sport - 500-900cc.

I think my Dad used to have a Vespa scooter for a while.

I used to deliver the Detroit Free Press in the mornings before school on a moped just like this one. I dunno about the miles-per-gallon but it seemed to go forever and a week on just a drop. Even though 28/29 mph was its top speed I still got pulled over a few times. One time they even had to use the siren! [6]

1054275307_e9360bec6a.jpg?v=0

dkp,

Son, you maybe able to outrun the police car, but you can't outrun the radio!

Very bike.

LOL, no, nothing like that. I supposedly pulled out of my sub without stopping so he hit the lights. I kept going because I had no mirrors (they had both been broken as a result of me doing some "freestyling" with the moped lol). So he had to turn on the siren, which I didn't hear because I had my headphones at a teenage volume level. I imagine that was quite a sight for cars near us at the time: Cop chasing the teenager on a moped with lights & siren blaring! He was none-too-pleased with me but I answered very honesty when he asked me if I had heard the siren. Ahhhh yes, the days of our youth.

Oh yeah, no ticket was issued.

Colin,

The electric scooter would be my choice. The Vectrix has a higher top end and range than thoe ones I saw in China, but the ones in China were under a grand, making it far more attractive. Of course, once it got imported, I am sure the price would be a lot higher. Seeing these up close and hearing them (or not, as it is in reality) is pretty cool.

Bruce