A Moment, A Salute, A Tear ................

I hope we all take a moment today, and remember what this day is about, and the people who gave up so much, so we can live in the Greatest Country in the World ............. I will personally take a moment, Think, offer a Salute to my Comrades in Arms, and most likely shed a tear or two .............

Never Forget the M.I.A.'s and P.O. W.'s ...... They need to be home too !!!!! .... NEVER FORGET ... Semper Fi Delis Harryo !!!

Well said, OT! I will take Ms. Rose to visit my father's grave today. He was a WWII Army vet. He fought Rommel's Armored Division under Patton in Africa. He fought in Sicily, the Middle East, Italy, France, Belgium and was there to finish the war in Berlin: 4-1/2 years of combat, K-Rations, living in fox holes and bathing in his helmet. Dad convinced me to volunteer in the Regular Navy when I knew I would be faced with the draft in the late 1960s. It was excellent advice. I served 4 years as an Aviation Ordnanceman and I have no regrets. May God Bless our fallen and injured brothers and sisters of the armed forces. They all have chosen one of life's most honorable and noble gestures: To defend their country so that we all may remain safe and free. -Glenn

I know I will........I went by a friends grave Sgt. Robert Joe Montgomery,II(Joey).He loved his Country,Family and friends,he is surely missed by them.Thanks to all past and present for offering me and my family(and us all) a chance for happiness and FREEDOM,it ain't cheap.

I just sent an email to our son in Afghanistan telling him of our plans to attend the local Memorial Day ceremony so that he could plan a phone call accordingly.

We now have The Army Times sent to our home. It breaks my heart to see the names and photos of the young men and women who have paid the ultimate price. We must also remember to honor and thank those who return, but bearing scars (physical and otherwise) as reminders of their service.

OB-

I understand Semper Fi, but please help with "Delis Harryo."

Thanks for starting this traditional thread OB.

I watched a PBS documentary this weekend about the 16th Naval Air Squadron (WWII) and their reunion. There have been one heck of a lot of young men fight and die for this country. I remember their sacrifice every time the opportunity comes to vote.

Saw some F15's practicing thier run at the Motor Speedway the other day. Very impressive sight.

God Bless all our servicemen and women.

M

There's been a lot of sacrifice to make this the country it is.

I salute all who have served, are serving, and will serve our country to keep it free and safe. Too many have given all.

The cost is high, the rewards taken for granted.

You are not forgotten.

Today is just a day set aside to make sure more people don't forget. Too bad every day isn't a day of remembering our faithful. They've earned it and deserve more than just one day a year.

Harry

All who have served and are serving are forever in our thoughts and prayers. HarryO's right, we need to be sure to remember those who have served and are serving every day as we can't thank them enough for what they've done and continue to do for US.

Rest In Peace to all who have paid the ultimate price and thank you to all who have served and continue to serve.

R.I.P. David Neil Simmons d. 04.08.2007 (a friend of my oldest daugher Elyse, Neil was killed in Iraq last Easter, 2 years out of high school)

Ben