Subwoofer?

samson

I would look at other brands of subs personally. I think Klipsch subs are a little high priced for the performance. Not that they don't do a decent job, just that there are better performers for less money in my opinion. Having said that the Rsw-15 is a great sub but is discontinued. They replaced it with the RT-12d and I hear it performs about the same. It'll cost you about $1700 give or take.

There's plenty of options out there my friend. Just take some time to look around, I'd sugest you go to the avs forum http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=113 and go get updated on the makers and peoples experiences with the subs they have chosen. Oh if you have any questions I'd ask TheEar, he's the subwoofer king as far as I'm concerned.

I was just on the forum earlier today, there is a guy locally selling a AV123 MFW-15. Anyone heard these? They were like #8 on craigsubs, which I've never heard of.

I've yet to read anything bad about them. I've not personally heard one however. I think Mark Seaton designed it.

Visit the subwoofer forum here; this topic is covered at length. In general you'll get poor performance out of the KSW's. Klipsch will provide you with quality subsonics for a moderate price. Your top of the line will be a product from JL for example (of course there are more expensive products but at greatly diminishing returns). The best value will come from brands like SVS and HSU but the absolute best bang for your buck will be DIY. You'll want to do some research on the sub forum before determining your needs, then budget, then product. You'll do fine.

There are as many opinions as there are subs. Audition, audition, audition. I have Klipsch speakers all around, but got a Martin Logan Depth i sub (3 balanced 8" woofers)! It really thumps! Perhaps you have a Tweeter near you to audition one.

UPDATE: I picked up the AV123 MFW-15 sub, This thing is ridiculous! I bought locally from a guy that purchased 2. It was still fully sealed from the factory for $640. It's a lot bigger than I had expected, but when is that a bad thing!

I watched Cloverfield and Live Free Die Hard, both movie sounded phenominal! The lows in Cloverfield were felt throughout the entire house, until my fiance scolded me like I was teenager. Oh well she has business trip next week, thank God!