Klipsch at Circuit City

Scudd

I just read an article that said Circuit City will be carrying Klipsch in the near future. Good for them ! Klipsch speakers now have completely slipped into mediocrity. I have no doubt the speakers will be of the same lines you see in Worst Buy.... the cheap made in China crap. Good thing, it's in time for Circuit to file chapter 11 or get bought out by Blockbuster.. One thought comes to mind though,... could Walmart be next on the horizon ? Man,... I'd love it. I could go down to Wally world and buy me my $99.00 dollar surround sound in a box,... right next to those imitation Levis they carry. [8-)]

Klipsch has different priced speakers combos for home theater or 2 channel. Here is a link to the Home theater combos:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/floorstanding-systems.aspx

You'll notice the RF 83 HT system MSRP is $6394 and the F1 HT is $1360. The rest are priced inbetween.

You can also do a Heritage HT system(KHorns, 3 La Scalas IIs, and RT 12d sub for $17,000(depending on the sub).

You can also do a Home theater system using Klipsch Pro speakers like the Klipschorn Jubilee, matching center surrounds and sub for $18,000-20,000(?)

If you want to go all out you can get the Klipsch Palladium Series for around $30,000.

So each HT system will be sold in different type of stores depending on the target market for each HT system. Klipsch will not sell the Klipsch Palladium Series for around $30,000 in BB or CC but they will sell the F1 HT system for $1360 in BB or CC.

So when you say "Klipsch speakers now have completely slipped into mediocrity. I have no doubt the speakers will be of the same lines you see in Worst Buy.... the cheap made in China crap" Do not just assume that is true of. While some of Klipsch speakers are made in China The Heritage and Palladium are still made in the US.

post-13699-13819381070922_thumb.jpg

post-13699-13819392502118_thumb.jpg

Who cares? If the masses can support the speaker company we love so that they can remain a viable entity and keep making the products we enjoy, I am all for it. I say put em on every corner.

Also, upgradeitus is a real disease. Maybe it will strike and inspire a few of the masses to go up the food chain, or not, but once again, who cares?

If you look in the archives. We had this same disscussion about 4-5 years ago when BB anounced it was carrying Klipsch. there were nay sayers claiming that it would put Klipsch down the tubes. In fact it did the opposite, we now have a wider selection of options than ever before. The Ref line used to be the RF-7, RF-5, and RF-3, anything below was Synergy. Since the move to BB the Synergy line has grown and moved up the food chain and the Ref line has extended itself down to more entry level models. I for one don't see this as a bad thing.

I think the problem that most people have is that they feel their speakers lose some prestige if they are sold in big box retailers, as prior to best buy, they were available only in specality shops. Get over it.

If you look in the archives. We had this same disscussion about 4-5 years ago when BB anounced it was carrying Klipsch. there were nay sayers claiming that it would put Klipsch down the tubes. In fact it did the opposite, we now have a wider selection of options than ever before. The Ref line used to be the RF-7, RF-5, and RF-3, anything below was Synergy. Since the move to BB the Synergy line has grown and moved up the food chain and the Ref line has extended itself down to more entry level models. I for one don't see this as a bad thing.

I think the problem that most people have is that they feel their speakers lose some prestige if they are sold in big box retailers, as prior to best buy, they were available only in specality shops. Get over it.

ita...if not for the best buy I would not have heard klipsch (I know) ...glad it was there although that darn upgrade bug keeps nibbling for me to step up to reference.

• Like 1

glad it was there although that darn upgrade bug keeps nibbling for me to step up to reference.

Be careful then because once you scratch the upgrade bug and go to Reference.... the upgrade bug will yet appear again and you will start to wonder about Heritage... and then Cinema... and then conquering the world...

I also would have never heard of Klipsch if it were not for BB. For that matter I would never have bought the rediculously over capable receiver I bought that led me to the AVS Forum that led me to buy my synergys then buy my RSW-15 then sell my synergys then buy Fortes then sell my RSW-15 and build a new sub. Ok get the point? Getting product out there for the masses is a great deal for Klipsch. I'm sure if my wallet could have dealt with it I would have bought newer Reference instead of Fortes but I have to work with a budget.

To the pioint it is similair as to what Mercedes has done with the C Class. They went to go for the masses, to help them keep building the AMG and high end S class stuff. You get a taste and want to move up the line. Cars are different then speakers, but same principle.

The whole thing has worked for me. For me it was getting Promedia 4.1's to 5.1 ultra's to quintet III's to images to getting Heresy's. Who knows where I'll stop. Upgradeitis is right.

I respect your opinion; it is obviously something you feel strongly about. My opinion is that Klipsch most likely took into consideration the truth that some people would, atleast initially, feel that way..any time rapid growth occurs, the "growing pains" are amplified. In a world market, Klipsch has been proactive in adapting to chage. Whether one likes like it or not, the world market and ecommerce are here and they are not going away. Klipsch took the initiative as the situation demanded and has implemented a very aggressive marketing plan for the consumer and company to benefit from. Your statement "...the cheap made in China Crap" are your feelings and have manifested into words; but please rest assured that major US production/manufacturing practices have Quality Control (QC) programs in place to ensure units are within spec--regardless of where they are manufactured. Klipsch offers product at Best buy and, according to your article, soon to be Circuit City because they understand not everyone wants to purchase from a specialty retailer. At the same time Klipsch has product at specialty retailers because, like yourself, they know people want more than what big box retailers have to offer. It is a real achievement for Klipsch to consistantly offer the best product at a given price point. Whether it be a pair of quintets or a pair of Palladium P-39F you get what you pay for; and if its a klipsch driven product, you get a whole lot.

Patrick,

You must have a Photography memory................That is the Exact way Fred Klipsch stated the Companies Goals to Us! You are right on Point with this comment !

" It is a real achievement for Klipsch to consistantly offer the best
product at a given price point. Whether it be a pair of quintets or a
pair of Palladium P-39F you get what you pay for; and if its a klipsch
driven product, you get a whole lot."

• 3 weeks later...

I also would have never heard of Klipsch if it were not for BB. For that matter I would never have bought the rediculously over capable receiver I bought that led me to the AVS Forum that led me to buy my synergys then buy my RSW-15 then sell my synergys then buy Fortes then sell my RSW-15 and build a new sub. Ok get the point? Getting product out there for the masses is a great deal for Klipsch. I'm sure if my wallet could have dealt with it I would have bought newer Reference instead of Fortes but I have to work with a budget.

Without the Klipsch Promedia line, I never heard of Klipsch. I got the Klipsch Ultras, then Klipsch iFi, Now currently I have a pair of rf-83, rb-75, lascala pro, and alot of other stuff.