Why do many people never log on, or sign up ?

Wicked!

Now who you jivin with that cosmik debris?

Don't you know, you could make more money as a butcher so don't you waste your time on me.......

Zappa was such an inspiration.....I would log in anytime to retort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need to log on even lurk because: "I'VE GOT THE CRYSTAL BALL"

Well I snatched it all away from him and showed him how to do it right.........Sorry, but I couldn't resist......I promise to leave this thread alone, although now I can't get ZAPPA OUT OF MY HEAD......It is now time to log off, turn off the computer, and crank up the sound system with some 30 year old tunes.........Chillin out............Steve

• Moderators

Wicked!

Now who you jivin with that cosmik debris?

Don't you know, you could make more money as a butcher so don't you waste your time on me.......

Zappa was such an inspiration.....I would log in anytime to retort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need to log on even lurk because: "I'VE GOT THE CRYSTAL BALL"

WOW, does the other one look normal ? [:|]

On one occasion I also talked with Michael. After reading many posts by him on this forum, and then having him answer the phone, I may have been a little star struck. Of course, he was of great help.

I had to point this out because Michael IS da-man!

There is a whole generation of people growing up in this hobby that immediately want to tinker without understanding or appreciating what they have to begin with!

I always tinker as soon as I get out of bed in the morning.

Why do many people never log on or sign up....

Maybe they're intimidated.... I mean a lot of people here are very bright and extremely knowledgable on Klipsch and a whole lot of other things. Maybe they're just afraid they won't measure up or are afraid they'll come across as an idiot. Forget the crap folks, most people here don't care and are very friendly and helpful.

I happened onto the forum a month or so before the 2007 Pilgrimage and seeing the Pilgrimage thread I signed up right away so I could sign up for the Pilgrimage as it sounded like too much fun to pass up. No regrets here as the 2 Pilgrimages I've now attended have been a lot of fun other than I missed several I probably could've attended. In all truthfullness, I think I ran accross the forum prior to then but was too busy to check it out. Bad mistake for a lot of reasons.

If you're considering joining but not quite sure, just sign up and join the madness.

Alright, you shamed me into it! Just recently found the forums. Am a long time Klipsch fan, having bought my Chorus II's back around 1990, for a studio apartment no less. They finally have some room to breath since the wife and I bought a weekend house in 1999. I purchased a pair of Heresy II's to fill in, plenty of sound for a typical Manhattan one bedroom where you sit less than 6 feet away from them. Running the Heresy's off of a Rotel integrated amp with a Sony ES-9 cd player among other goodies like my Nakamichi Dragon. The Chorus II's are paired with another Sony ES cd player and an Onkyo receiver which serves its purpose. I'll upgrade that in time. The Chorus sound great in a room with 13 foot ceilings.

I'll post the rest of my equipment holdings after I double check the model numbers for you audio geeks, I've got some Klipsch bookshelf and a center channel speaker that I use as a quasi-AV system out at the house. (More of a music than video fan.)

BTW: pretty jealous of some of the setups and speakers you guys have got, and my wife thinks I'M crazy!

I have been discouraged myself from participating on several occcasions. Where I certainly would not put down anybodies topic, I am frequently amazed at some of the topics that carry on and on while others go unanswered on this forum. With the amount of knowledgeble people on this forum, when someones post looking for advise goes unanswered it supprises me. I wish that I knew as much as some of the forum members have forgotten, but that is just not the case. And yes, some of my posts have gone unanswered, and on others I have received excellent advise. I am also fortunate that I have others great sources of advise available to me, but none that carry the level of Klipsch expertise that is found here.

I've found that one of the best ways to get a lot of answers is to posit some bad advice [;)] ...and then everyone starts jumping in real fast [:o]

I'll admit I lurked a long time before I signed up. It's intimidating when you have no idea what some of the technical terms thrown about mean. I still don't know the difference between a tractix hown and any other horn. But I finally figured out I don't have to know some of that stuff to enjoy my setup and get the best sound I can out of it. That why this forum exists so any crazy ideas I may have can be advised against or things I wouldn't think of brought up.

On one occasion I also talked with Michael. After reading many posts by him on this forum, and then having him answer the phone, I may have been a little star struck. Of course, he was of great help.

I had to point this out because Michael IS da-man!

Thanks [:$]

Yes indeed, here we are!
At Saint Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
Where I stole the mar-juh-reen
An' widdled on the Bingo Cards
in lieu of the latrine

-fz