Tell Us A Tale of Stereos Large and Small

thebes

So there's this guy who starts a thread on a Friday night, and our good friend Bill Gates stops by with his magic invention called "Windows" which proceeds to crap up his computer for an entire weekend. Must have been his retirement gift to himself.

Wonderful stuff guys and great stories. Computers still very glitchy but I think I can get enough word in before it crashes again to to say keep them coming. They are great for me, and I'm sure for my fellow forum buddies. Your kindness in reading between the lines and giving me a boost up at a difficult time are sincerely appreciated.

Of course, the computer interference could be coming from my possibly balky $50 Marantz8b. Do you think it's to late to return it to the previous owner?

Well I guess this qualifies as small, I remember in second-grade "trading" my mint Pete Rose Topps baseball card for a used Hello Kitty eraser to a girl named Becky. That said Becky was the best looking girl in the 2nd grade and would have kicked the living shit out of me if I didn’t.

Well I guess this qualifies as small, I remember in second-grade "trading" my mint Pete Rose Topps baseball card for a used Hello Kitty eraser to a girl named Becky. That said Becky was the best looking girl in the 2nd grade and would have kicked the living *** out of me if I didn’t.

So a baseball card huh??? Did you ever get arround to second base??

Roger

thebes,

Have you heard about the latest in burn care treatment??

As you may or may not be aware, live skin tissue is hard to come buy to work with. Doctors frequently have to use grafts from pigs and/or the patient themselves.

The skin is removed and perforated in order that the graft may be stretched to help heal a larger are. The healing donor site can be very painful, as well as the

orriginal burn site. Recently in medicine, we have taken to use the circumsized foreskin from infants to replace eyelids. The only problem thus far is that the patients

keep ending up c*ck-eyed.

Roger

thebes,

Have you heard about the latest in burn care treatment??

As you may or may not be aware, live skin tissue is hard to come buy to work with. Doctors frequently have to use grafts from pigs and/or the patient themselves.

The skin is removed and perforated in order that the graft may be stretched to help heal a larger are. The healing donor site can be very painful, as well as the

orriginal burn site. Recently in medicine, we have taken to use the circumsized foreskin from infants to replace eyelids. The only problem thus far is that the patients

keep ending up c*ck-eyed.

Roger

Did you hear the one about the "Moyel" (Jewish Rabbi who performs circumcisions ) Who saved all the tips from his 30 year career. Upon retirement he took a large box full of the tips to the town leather maker and asked him to make a retirement memento...for him to remember his works.

The Moyel comes back 3 weeks later to look at his Momento and the store keeper pull out a little box and inside is a small change purse.....

well the Moyel is very upset and starts yelling at the leather maker " how could you do this? 30 years hard labor, dealing with screaming kids and obnoxious parents! this is all you could come up with is a stinking little change purse???!!!"

" Relax " says the leather maker...."just rub it ...it will turn into a suitcase!!!"

*****and for all you Zappa fans "here it goes the circular motion, RUB IT"

Hey Marty. Stop me if you've heard this one :) I once scored a pair of 1976 Klipschorns for a song. Less than a song. I just had to hum a few bars.

So did you call that lady? What's the deal?????? Where are all the original Blue Notes you promised to save for me as you waved that scrap of paper in our faces? I'm guessing you made it all up. Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do.............................

Maybe not the greatest haul in the world but it made my day: A buddy was moving overseas and looking ot dump his stereo, so for $2,000 I purchased the following. SAE A-501 250w amp, P-101 Pre-amp, E-101 Parametric EQ, T-101 Tuner, a DBX Range Expander, DBX Router, and a Nakamichi Dragon. All in original boxes with owner's manuals and SAE "White Papers." Oh, did I mention it came with a pair of unfinished Klipsch Heresy speakers?

I gave the Heresy's to my buddy as a wedding present, not sure the wife understood but he is still using them since 1991. I would have kept them but I was living in a studio apartment with a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's. The Dragon still works perfectly and one day I'll get around to getting the amp fixed up and running.

Well I guess this qualifies as small, I remember in second-grade "trading" my mint Pete Rose Topps baseball card for a used Hello Kitty eraser to a girl named Becky. That said Becky was the best looking girl in the 2nd grade and would have kicked the living *** out of me if I didn’t.

So a baseball card huh??? Did you ever get arround to second base??

Roger

Head first into home plate?