This Hurts me! OUCH!

BerserkNitro

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i understand. (back story). i have used the UPS store by my house several times and have been very happy with them. they have packed all my stuff and nothing has ever been damaged. (current story) i sold my extra rc-7 and told the guy i was going to the UPS store, and he really didn't like that idea. he told me he had several things destroyed and would prefer if i used Fed Ex. i ended up using Fed Ex and saved over $30 in shipping.

Yeah, I think it's in the other thread. Fed Ex delivered speakers with a solid dent in the corner, as in corner of speaker was crushed. Bottom line is over pack if you are the sender, no matter who you send with. I have had better luck with ups but when I have sent things I insist on double boxing. Basically you have to do it yourself or tell someone you hire exactly how you want it done.

original.aspx NO MORE EBAY FOR ME!!! Sorry about the pictures my camera broke so i used my web cam! Iam not looking for pitty! It just truly hurts me!! [:'(]

I don't see how this knid of damage occured without damaging the box??? Were the missing pieces of veneer in the box with the speaker??? or did he sell you a speaker that was already messed up??

Roger

There where piece of veener in the box! And from my understand there were only chips on the top edge of speaker which i was aware of but not the sides or a smashed corner...All i want out of this s a new grill and alittle compensation for the damaged veener....

A roach! That's just classic. I am drowning in tears of laughter.

That is funny now that i think about it!!! It literally jump out of the box and almost landed on me....I was ewwwwwwwwwwwwhh...LOL

BeserkNitro,

I hope you killed that sucker fast!! Get that box out of your house NOW!! It could have eggs in it, and that would be all you need on top of everything else!!!!

Roger

E-bay is full of cockroaches ........ They ruin it for the honest guy selling and buying ......... Craigslist is getting just as bad ...... Sorry that happened to you, but if you swim in a cesspool that's what you get ........... Good Honest people don't do things like that, and of course,"They were perfect when I shipped them" line of crap ..............

I hope you killed that sucker fast!! Get that box out of your house NOW!! It could have eggs in it, and that would be all you need on top of everything else!!!!

Well i have all my items shipped to my work place...So no cockroaches at home...i did kill the little sob!! lol

Bummer about the speak.I sent rf 83's and a 64 over 1000 miles ups,in original packing,never worried(as I've never had a problem w/ups)they arrived to the member just like new.No one to blame for poor packin' but the packer.

Bummer about the speak.I sent rf 83's and a 64 over 1000 miles ups,in original packing,never worried(as I've never had a problem w/ups)they arrived to the member just like new.No one to blame for poor packin' but the packer.

I agree! They even use the original box but on of the Styrofoam end caps was missing! But the entire speaker was wrapped with bubble wrap pretty good! But peanuts dont help!

I believe that UPS requires shipping cartons to meet a 4 foot drop test. Now I want you to go to you biggest speaker and pick it up four feet and imagine dropping it and expecting it to survive. So this is basically UPS's insurance from damage claims.

ASTM and ISTM specs for drop testing are prorated (much smaller distances) per weight.

640x480.aspx

they always blame it on the packing job and wont pay

Thats true!! But all joking aside it was poor packing!! The box wasnt damaged at all otherwise i wouldnt have sign for it!! But never the less UPS is retarded! thats the rear corner!

Makes no difference!!! One of the subs, was signature confirmation and the UPS driver forged my signature and delivered it when I wasn't home. I argued with them that he did this because he knew the contents were destroyed, you could hear the magnet structure rolling arround inside the box!! THe Box was destroyed. I bought a Velodyne HGS18-II from an authorized dealer that was a demo. He couldn't find the Velodyne box, so he shipped it in a brand new Klipsch RSW-15 factory box and packing. UPS excuse...... "Not propperly packaged"!!!

Roger

I think at the pilgrimage they covered the problem with the boxing. Klipsch before the reference series 4 came out (RF-83 etc) the reference 3 (RF-7 line) used boxes that conformed to the standard that most likely would incure with freight pallet packing, as they never realized that people would resell them on ebay or dealers would ship one, as the box was meant to keep it safe on the ride from the dealer back to the new owner's house. Reference series 4 boxes now conform to the universal shipping codes as explained by Klipsch.

Guest srobak

Berserk> In the 2nd picture that you posted of a mashed corner - that is not fresh damage... you can tell that easily, even with a crappy camera phone.

Shipping companies do and will continue to damage goods they are paid to deliver intact.

One of my Maelstrom-X drivers was almost demolished in shipping,the box was classified as " Item found without packaging" !!!

However some damage might have beedn done before the item left the seller(in the case of the Klipsch speaker I see in the pics)

• 1 year later...

I am running Academy and Quartets up front. As much as I wanted to go Chorus II and move my Quartets to surround duty, my room just doesn't support it. I tried to do two more academy or kg2.2's, but again not enough room the way the layout is.

I got a steal on some RS-25's only used as display models.

Now I can't say I listen at 0dB much, but at a pretty decent clip from my Yamaha 5890 I don't think I am missing much surround detail. I was in virtual surround before and now it's like night and day.

Shipping companies do and will continue to damage goods they are paid to deliver intact.

One of my Maelstrom-X drivers was almost demolished in shipping,the box was classified as " Item found without packaging" !!!

However some damage might have beedn done before the item left the seller(in the case of the Klipsch speaker I see in the pics)

I had one academy delivered with major box damage. The speaker was ruined. When I was buying a 21" CRT monitor a few years ago it took 6 shipments and a change of carrier to get one not DOA and majorly damaged.

It stinks with irreplacable items like Hertiage speakers.