OT: Where does Jacksonbart....????

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't realize the date on this thread, was reading along and then OldBuckster popped in. What's it been, a year?

It was a bit jarring to see Oldbuckster there. Was he only on the forum for two years? Hope he's in a better place.

Yes it was a bit jarring to see Oldbuckster's post.

When Alea and I drove by the Top Notch Cafe (which was not the direction we wanted to go... darn directions) I just had to get a picture. A very small detour to pull in the parking lot and get the picture. Sorry it's not a bit better but it's a quck cell phone shot (lo res even for a cell phnone) with the window rolled down.

Now that I know of it's existance I'll have to go find the thread about Roy....

• Moderators

didn't realize the date on this thread, was reading along and then OldBuckster popped in. What's it been, a year?

It was a bit jarring to see Oldbuckster there. Was he only on the forum for two years? Hope he's in a better place.

I am glad I am not the only one that felt Oldbuckster's gentle prodding. I really do miss him, he was a good friend. Threads like this remind me that he's somewhere up there laughing with us!

I am glad I am not the only one that felt Oldbuckster's gentle prodding. I really do miss him, he was a good friend. Threads like this remind me that he's somewhere up there laughing with us!

Or at us [:S] I sometimes think I hear an unknown yet somehow familiar voice yelling "PULL!" every time I put on an LP.

RIP Rob.

Oldbuckster passed away I think Thanksgiving of 2008. HarryO notified the forum Thanksgiving evening but I didn't see it until Black Friday and it was a depressing day for many here on the Forum. I forget the details but I think Harry said Rob was done in by a very aggressive cancer of some kind most likely the result from exposure to agent Orange or somehting though naturally the military or government wouldn't admit it...

I dont' think Rob ever complained here on the forum... we should all handle what life throws us with the kind of strength, grace, and dignity Rob handled his disease... I don't think many of us realized how bad of shape Rob was until very near the end.

Put a damper on my excitement having scored a bag of CDs including the 4 CD Led Zeppelin boxed set from a pawn shop. I signed onto the Klipsch Forum and knew HarryO's Goodbye My Frield thread was not good news ... I read through many old threads of OB's that day following links to some of Oldbucksters posts and threads - many I'd not read as they were before I joined here and learned that it was the Led Zeppelin boxed set that convinced Rob to dump LPs in favor of CDs. ("Pull")

• Moderators

What happen to Oldbuckster?

RIP Rob.

Neo, do you remember Oldbuckster. If not, try to go back and read some of OB's posts....he was one strong person....all the way to the end! He was a very good friend and I miss him a lot.....as do a lot of us "oldies but goodies". He would tell you the way it was...like it or not!

• Moderators

At the inception of the thread "Good Bye my Friend", I was not around. And that's why I missed his passing.

You are probably better off because all of us on here were pretty bummed out for a while. Sometimes I read a thread and think about what Oldbuckster would have posted....then I think....I better not even say it![;)]

• 3 years later...

At the inception of the thread "Good Bye my Friend", I was not around. And that's why I missed his passing.

You are probably better off because all of us on here were pretty bummed out for a while. Sometimes I read a thread and think about what Oldbuckster would have posted....then I think....I better not even say it![ ;)]

Put "Hot Rocks" on the Zen and as it started playing before I'd hooked up my x10's and maybe even my 'phone amp, I backed up to start over and ended up at the last song, "Wild Horses". Rob is probably laughing but it makes me sad and happy. Sad we lost him to the ravages of horrific cancer due to agent orange exposerure (HarryO has too many 'nam brothers who have died the same way, but the government and VA won't admit it's due to agent orange). Happy I got to know him a bit through a few lengthy emails. Thankfully he did get to know his grandson. Hope he and Young Buckster are doing fine.

"Wild Horses" was the last song Rob heard on this earth and I think is favorite Rolling Stones song. Played by his best firiend. On a boombox as Rob left this earth. Maybe to the angels singng "Wild Horses"

Good Bye My Friend Started by HarryO Rob's good friend and brother. Black Friday Nov 27 2008 03:19 PM EST

RIP Rob