10 ARTISTS THAT SHOULD STOP MAKING MUSIC

BigStewMan

Tough to argue with most anyone on this list, the Stones haven't released a "good" album since Goat's head Soup and a "Great" one since Exiles. I didn't think the last Ray Davies cd was that bad and would certainly buy a ticket to see the Kinks if he and Dave Davies could ever work out their sibling rivalry.

One addition to the list should be Sting, he's been coasting for years, dull as dishwater. Oh, and if you are a fan of Joni Mitchell/Carole King check out this cd:http://www.bluetapestry.co.uk/ One of the best cds I have heard in years, with a stellar cast of musicians.

The Stones are has beens, no doubt, they suck big time, Richards and Wood couldn't carry solo more than 1 or 2 seconds, Watts, who told him he could play drums, Jagger, he's in a wheel chair, awful foolish old farts thinking they can play Rock and Roll ................... "Shine A Light" -7 days

The Stones are has beens, no doubt, they suck big time, Richards and Wood couldn't carry solo more than 1 or 2 seconds, Watts, who told him he could play drums, Jagger, he's in a wheel chair, awful foolish old farts thinking they can play Rock and Roll ................... "Shine A Light" -7 days

Next they'll be putting us out to pasture eh OB[:o] Granted I could do without any more releases from any of these as it is retirement age afterall

Yer never too old to "Rock-N-Roll" and besides "It was an old day yesterday but it's a new day now"[:D]

I can do a list starting with the likes of the "Killers' and probably come up with 100 of the new ones that need to stop recording now[;)]

Bigstewman,

thanks for the link. interesting.

my $.02..... haven't heard anything they've recorded lately, but would love to see these guys in concert:

The Stones

Joni

The Who

elton

well, still listen to their old recordings anyway.

She probably wears comfy shoes mark. Your point is well taken. The reason I left the performance of music business is that i hated that it was a job. Only a select few get to explore their creative horizons and still make decent money. I simply did not like it being a job, i was a stupid young punk idealist. Ok, so now I'm an old punk cynic? Maybe, labels are what they are.

How about a list of artist that shouldn't stop making music? It is harder to keep the quality and enthusiasm up after so long in the business. Some have managed and some haven't. Toots is one that is still groovey.

The Stones haven't made a great album in 20 years, but that's fine, The Stones, AC /DC, the Police, most all the Older groups that still tour are really touring with Greatest Hits type tours, they're not there for their new stuff .................... I have a problem with the Eagles and Fleetwoood Mac retiring then, un-retiring, then retiring, then un-retiring ................. As much as I like the Who, it's over guys, without Keith and John, it's over ...... Really, what's the problem, let them make their music ............ you don't have to buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!! .............. (Motley Crue could take a hike, though !!!)

The Stones haven't made a great album in 20 years, but that's fine, The Stones, AC /DC, the Police, most all the Older groups that still tour are really touring with Greatest Hits type tours, they're not there for their new stuff .................... I have a problem with the Eagles and Fleetwoood Mac retiring then, un-retiring, then retiring, then un-retiring ................. As much as I like the Who, it's over guys, without Keith and John, it's over ...... Really, what's the problem, let them make their music ............ you don't have to buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!! .............. (Motley Crue could take a hike, though !!!)

Did Motley Crue ever make good music? I couldn't put them in the same league as the stones or the who.

Motley Crue are no way even in the same league as the Stones or the Who, and I did like Girls,Girls,Girls and Dr. Feelgood, but they need to go away, they are all fluff and no substance, but continue to get back together and make new records. They had their moment, and they were a big deal for awhile, but go away Boyz, but you know, they will sell out some of their shows, which I hear are good, and this year it's Cruefest, late August here at SPAC, ticket sales are strong ............... ah, what do I know, anyway ??? ...... Kick Start my Heart ............... EH !!!!!!!!!!

Guest srobak

Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams and Boys 2 Men are all performing in the Chicagoland area in the near future... speaking of artists that should stop.

If people are going to their concerts and buying their new cds then I don't have any problem with it.

Does not mean I would go see them but as long as the demand is there. I went and saw Heart 2 years ago and enjoyed myself. At the concert there were kids, teenagers, and 20-70 yearolds about 1500-2000 people.

I was hoping to see Hanna Montana on there.

Maybe the compiler of the list doesn't think she's made music so can't stop what you haven't started? (Harsh comment not dirreced at Miss Cyrus or in no way meant to disparage her attempts at making music - the teens or almost teens love her so to them she's good I guess)