Steampunk Tube Lights. Gothic Glow

seti

Rather than Goth, those lights make me think of Metropolis. Is that steampunk?

Goth ick.

Steampunk is heavily influenced by early Sci-Fi esepcial Wells and Verne. Metropolis definately fits into the catagory. There is a russian equivalent of Metropolis called Aelita Queen Of Mars. I highly recommend it if you like Metropolis. Also a copy of Metropolis has been found with almost an hour of extra footage......

Aelita

%7B196A6475-9CF7-4D8D-8582-489A51D4FB51%

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0014646/

Aelita-smo.jpg

Steampunk is heavily influenced by early Sci-Fi esepcial Wells and Verne. Metropolis definately fits into the catagory. There is a russian equivalent of Metropolis called Aelita Queen Of Mars. I highly recommend it if you like Metropolis. Also a copy of Metropolis has been found with almost an hour of extra footage......

Thanks for the clarification. Have you seen the tinted version of Metropolis with music by Vangelis (IIRC)? It wasn't colourized, but whole sections were tinted red or blue or another colour and it seemed to work well, to my eyes at least.

Thanks for the clarification. Have you seen the tinted version of Metropolis with music by Vangelis (IIRC)? It wasn't colourized, but whole sections were tinted red or blue or another colour and it seemed to work well, to my eyes at least.

I haven't seen the tinted verion but it sounds cool. There should be a special dvd set out soon as there are so many versions of this film. It is great. The original movie SHE was tinted and it looked beautiful.

There is a good blog called Brass Goggles that has some cool Steampunk designs posted.

brassgoggles

• 2 weeks later...

"That is beautiful but I bet it cost more than one of those gothic glow lights. "

Maybe, maybe not.

The FETs for this circuit cost less than $5 for a stereo amp.

The whole circuit is so simple it doesn't need a circuit board. I could probably scounge up all the parts for less than $50, it might cost someone else a $100 or so. Most people could make a nice wooden box to display it properly.

"That is beautiful but I bet it cost more than one of those gothic glow lights. "

Maybe, maybe not.

The FETs for this circuit cost less than $5 for a stereo amp.

The whole circuit is so simple it doesn't need a circuit board. I could probably scounge up all the parts for less than $50, it might cost someone else a $100 or so. Most people could make a nice wooden box to display it properly.

How does it sound? Very cool.