I know this is really one channel but...thought I'd share...

SilverSport

Sherwood S-1000 and Tuners from NOSValves

I just received back from Craig at NOSValves
my Dad's mono amp Sherwood S-1000 as well as an eBay bought S-3000
III FM mono Tuner...got it hooked up with the generous help of mhardy
(thanks again!)...sounds pretty nice through a single Klipsch Heresy I
have...

I had the Amp as well as an EICO HFT-92 mono AM/FM Tuner freshened by
Craig as this was the "HiFi" I remember my Dad having in the basement
and what I listened to growing up...I thought it might be a nice
memorial since Dad has been gone since '95 and this place as well as
Klipschforum rekindled my love of Tubes...

I just wanted to share and thank the help you all have given me since joining as well as especially thank Craig for his always available help and expertise (I have an EICO HF-81 redone by him and VRDs) as well as mhardy6647 without who's help I may have blown up the "lab."
She 'aint pretty but...she sounds better than the BO$E clock radio I was using in the morning...
DSC00393.jpg

Thanks again,

Bill

Well, the one channel forum went away, along with it's adherents, decades ago. We are the endangered species now. I think what you have done is awesome. You can go home again, and your dad would be mighty proud that you remember the times spent together in his holy place. I hope my children follow you.

Dave

Thank you very much for those words Dave...I have way too much gear (because of this place and others [;)] ) but seeing this amp and the tuner hiding away in the closet I thought...why not freshen these if for nothing else, just as a tribute...I'll have to have my older brother (Scorpsfan) over so he can hear as well...this has put a smile on my face...I am sure your children will appreciate you more and more as time goes on...Mark Twain was correct...the older I get, the smarter my Father was (paraphrased of course [:D]...

Bill

Nice gear and a nice story Bill! I am trying to pass on, to my grandson the value of the old gear. Our daughter and son in law recently purchased a new home and I gave Patrick a Marantz SS amp,preamp and tuner with a pair of Altec Santana 1's for his room. There are a pair of Scott 99 mono's waiting for him when he decides he wants to try tubes.

Very cool Bill.

I Lost my dad in february. About a month ago I restored his favorite old tube radio we listened to hundreds of ball games on.

I couldn't count how many trips we made to the drug store "Tube tester" because of that old radio.

Nice to see some things won't change.

Well done.

Harry