Jubilee's- Just getting started- HELP!

electricpisa

I've listened to Klipsch speakers (Classic KG's)

Say Roy...

Any way you can get Tony some Dx38 numbers so he could put his KG's on top of his Jubilee bass bins and play them together?

I once did that with a Heresy on top and it was like a Heresyfreakazoidi'monsteroids kind of sound....

Cross at 80 & have fun?

Tony.... give it a whirl!

Any way you can get Tony some Dx38 numbers so he could put his KG's on top of his Jubilee bass bins and play them together?

Hi Richard,

Seems like that would take a bunch of time on Roy's part and really not provide the sound that the Jubilees are capable of. Just get the 402's and do it right.

Seems like that would take a bunch of time on Roy's part and really not provide the sound that the Jubilees are capable of. Just get the 402's and do it right.

Not to argue but I don't agree.... actually, I think I already put the answer up there. We already HAVE the peq's for the bass bin.... all he has to do is plop his speaker on top, pick a freq to cross (I'd imagine 80 would get in ballpark) turn on, then merge two levels together until he likes it.

Tis what I did with the Heresy's, using the same PEQ's we already have for bass bin and the top speaker simply uses its passive

So, roy.... ignore! and Tony...give it a whirl, if you do try it & have a question...give me a buzz. Bill is right, no reason to bother Roy...(but it sure is amazing how he'll let us bother him with blueberries..... bbq ribs.... [8-)])

Tony... doing the above might not be Pamela Anderson but would you settle for Brittney Spears?

[:o]

Thanks for looking out for me

Say... if you want to try the idea, feel free to give me a call. today in particular, I'll be on the road from Knoxville to just north of Dayton Ohio (Piqua). Heading to a funeral but will be twiddling my fingers for maybe 6 hours of driving.

I think I can talk you through what to do however, I don't have the RACE information (for the DX) in my head... looking to see if I can find the RACE file to attach it here for you.

oh... if you care to, my cell is 865-386-5888... I'll be the only one to answer it.

Electric... if it attaches, I've put the RACE file up for your Dx38. If you can connect your Dx to your PC (and have the RACE program) you can simply upload it to your Dx.

If you want to tinker around putting another speaker on top, I'd save this to a second file (keeping your bass management) and then change channels 2 and 4 to throughput so the passive does the work for the speaker.

Also... you'd want to move the xover point down a bit... I think I went down at 80 when I put my Heresy's on top.

Was fun. Imagine a Heresy going down to 30 hz with some authority!!

Ok...seems I had a problem uploading the RACE file (TLX file format) I changed the name to race.txt If you want to download it, do so and then rename it to race.tlx (I did so though command prompt)

I don't know if this conversion will allow it to work.... we can always email it to you later

race.txt

Also... you'd want to move the xover point down a bit... I think I went down at 80 when I put my Heresy's on top.

Was fun. Imagine a Heresy going down to 30 hz with some authority!!

Since the Jubilee bass bin is not a subwoofer but a bass unit, wouldn't a crossover point in the 400-500Hz range make more sense and allow for much more output from the bass bin? Did you give that a try with your "Jubesies"? Just wondering...

Since the Jubilee bass bin is not a subwoofer but a bass unit, wouldn't a crossover point in the 400-500Hz range make more sense and allow for much more output from the bass bin? Did you give that a try with your "Jubesies"? Just wondering...

Perhaps it would make more sense however, I think since we're dealing with a passive on the top speaker (Heresy's in my case), I was told to go about 80. On second thought...if one DID cross higher, you would be removing for example 80 hz up to maybe 500? I hadn't thought of that. Regardless, it was fun to play around with and the Heresy's DID kick some serious hiney with that bottom end added.

• Moderators

[:|] And they made fun of me when I put a pair of Heresy's on the MWM bottoms to hear the how the bass sounded. Then I said it sounded good " considering " everything and everyone thought I was nuts, OK it did look nuts, but it was just for a day.

Indy,

If you play poker....You'd have to admit, that would be a heck of a pair to draw too![:P]

As far as the Jubs, got a chance to listen to them this evening for the first time! Put a pair of cheap speakers on the top that have some good midrange and highs, and they sounded great!....Now I understand what all the huppla has been about. I can only imagine what these would sound like with the K402's on top. I used a Sansui AU9500, which has a warm sound anyway, but I think these are calling for some tubes!

Also, I'm still waiting for my contact to come through with the DX38's. He han't been emailing me back, but maybe he's out of town. I will keep trying.

I appreciate you guys checking up on my progress.

I'll keep you informed as this keeps moving forward[Y]

Thanks,