Synergy vs. Reference and Heritage

tommyboy

No, I'm not comparing the 3. (really no comparison) [:$] just wondering why when anyone posts anything about any synergy products, it kind of gets ignored, or so it seems. Its always me, and a couple of other forum members answering/replying to all the synergy posts. I know that the synergy's are no match for the reference or heritage speakers, but sometimes I feel like it's almost bias towards the latter two. What's up with that? let's not forget about the little guy here! Sorry if I came off wrong, and I could be wrong, and it's only me who notices this. it just seems to me like that's the way it is.........

I agree,I don't think it's too much a bias against,just not enough owners here that reply maybe? I agree in their price range they are a very nice sounding speaker.I'd rather have the big Synergy than the low end reference.

I have both Heritage and Synergy--and as I'd never give up my Heritage, I will say that my complete F3 system w/ KSW-12 does sound very good and has impressed guests on more than one occassion. In hindsight, if I had it to do over again, instead of dropping a few grand on that set-up, I probably would have searched for some "used" heritage.

Yup... Hard to offer anything when one has none by which to have a basis for comment. I know what they look like.... but never heard any of them except a sub woofer in a store a couple years ago. Sounded fine to me. For the investment which would be considerably smaller than Reference of Heritage, I would bet they are a great deal, especially if you move around alot, etc. If you nick or scratch them, no big loss, and eventually you can "trade up", etc. An interesting point about Synergy series is that you don't hear anything "bad" about them, or see consistent reports on the Forum about problems, etc.

Yes, synergy's are greaat speakers at their price point. You made a good point about moving around a lot. I'm military, so moving is part of my life style. Been in 6 years, and have lived in AZ, England, and now Fl. It's kind of funny when I look for a new place; the first thing I look at is the living room to make sure it will "accomodate" my system. Even if I LOVE the rest of the house, if the living room isn't adaquate, it's a no go.........

I have some reference series (RF-3II, RC-52) heritage (cornwalls and herseys) and a couple of KG series that I enjoy.

I went with a friend the other night to look at some Synergy for home theatre. We checked out the F1 floorstanders at Best Buy, and we were both exteamely disappointed. There as no bass response. We went to check out the reference line at Audiotronic and there was no comparison. I will admit that the synergies were not set up for the best audition, but neither were the other speakers next to them, and most of them sounded way better.

BTW, he plans on buying the reference.

• Like 1

It's kind of funny when I look for a new place; the first thing I look at is the living room to make sure it will "accomodate" my system. Even if I LOVE the rest of the house, if the living room isn't adaquate, it's a no go.........

Yup... Can feel your aches and pains... Been there, done that... Dragged stereo stuff around from 1969 until 1997, and still ended up building a "man cave" last year to really set up and enjoy alot of the stuff I collected while on active duty. Dragged a pair of K-horns from Berlin, Monterey CA, to Bremerhaven, to Ansbach, to Frankfurt, to Ft. Monmouth, to Huntington WV, to Labelle, FL, to Okeechobee FL (and three times around here before we bought this home). Boy are those suckers heavy.....