• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• I have fallen in love with my MC225. It's on HF duty with my Heritage Jubilee speakers. It's a little noisy but otherwise the sound is absolutely beautiful. Very musical, detailed enough (although slightly less so than the J2 in my possession), has an amazing soundstage and makes me fall in love with each song I play with it. I'm so impressed and amazed with it.    What is it about this amp that makes it sound so good? Are there others that sound this way? And how does something like the SIT3 compare?    I feel very fortunate to have read all the posts on this forum for the last 4-6 months. I've learned a lot from all of you and would not have arrived at this audio bliss without the knowledge you have shared here with each other for so many years. 
    • As far as I can sse it´s a TD 160  not a 165 and there´s a Grado Cartridge under the shell 😊
    • Lenbrook huh.  I was a rep for NAD and PSB from 2001 till 2009, amongst other lines. Loved the brands but sure was a hard sell with NAD and their surround stuff. Lots of RA's it seemed like and disgruntled dealers. Maybe this will fare better. 
    • My first CF-3 v3's were oak then I traded my Belle inspired clones for 2 pairs of CF-3's...both black. One pair was v1 which I kept and other was v2, which actually looked the best. I'm going to redo my v1's in either ribbon mahogany or walnut sometime soon.  It's only 3 sides I have to do which will be easy. Having time is the tough part with a daughter getting married 3 days after Christmas.  Ugh..  
    • OK I am going to bite and also stir the pot - just a little 😱 It has been known in audio circles that the LP12 is a close in design copy of the Acoustic Research XA turntable. And some add the Ariston RD11 as well  ‘But more refined with closer tolerances of the bearing system in its manufacture akin to a Formula 1 car   
    • She has some pics, but this was taken by her neighbor through his basement window.
    • @Marvel   Nice shot Bruce.  The Springs is definately right in the heart of some beautiful country. 
    • @Full Range did you honestly think I was gonna let him off the hook after ANOTHER Linn comparison?  hahahaha  Not a snowballs chance in hades!         😂  😂   😂
    • I think Mike will be spinning again in around 14 days or so as his unit is now serviced and adjusted and most likely ready to be shipped back to him after he pays his bill 
    • Hey @KROCK send him a table or better yet don't send him one.   Just call him once a week or so and spin snippets of his lp's.   😂  Wait!  Hey @dirtmudd I've got a TD-165 sittin on a shelf behind me.  Wanna rent it?  My man went thru it and put an Ortofon black on it just in case mine ever went down.  Got the original shipping box so it'd be cake to ship.  Lil dusty.   Rubber pad is in the box.  Replaced it w/a Linn felt one and no the Sennheiser's don't go with it.            
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wolfman60