• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Sorry, I've just seen the confusion I've caused. It's been a long day...Everything should be K33 of course. So a K33 E from that era with square magnets helps support the upper bass in the Khorn. The upper bass is - beside all the good qualities - a tad of the weak point of the Khorn in my first impression, especially when I was used to listen to LaScalas. Since I am in Germany I would like to avoid original Klipsch woofers for the LaScala because of the high duty, import tax and shipping costs. But you can buy regular Eminence woofers fairly cheaply over here. What would be a regular Eminence type that would be a good fit for the LaScala? If I were to sell the LaScala, would it perhaps be worth considering having the K77 P from the Khorn repaired and selling it with the LaScala. If as you say at the time around 1973 all 15” Klipsch speakers had a K33 P, a potential buyer would not get something wrong. If I would keep the LS I didn't want to overdo it financially and I would like to stick with sheet metal frames for the LaScala woofer. I've read several times that the cast woofer frames sometimes don't really fit into the LaScsla and that in some cases you have to remove some wood. That was in connection with the. Crites woofers.   For more detailed questions I will gladly write PM.
    • There's a feeling here, it's resonating from behind me. 4 ohm 15 inchers can do that!     I concur with the OP above. Satriani might just be more short than I am but he was a giant when I was up close at The House of Blues when "The Extremist came out!! And no I do not think him and that other Joe compare, apples and oranges to me!     One song will not show you what he's like, one release might do it!    
    • I gave up my turntable (Thorens TD-124, Decca arm, A-T OC9 cart, Aragon phono pre) when I discovered 24/192 DVD-A.    Latest in rotation has been  Tool's "Fear Inoculum" and Glass Hammer's "Arise".  Chief Bonehead uses Tool in his demos.  🤯  
    • Monster Magnet filled the gap of lost 70s rockers years later     
    • Have this one, the last after DTL I liked RitN could have come after, have pump & Get a Grip that were given to me! So I considered they went top40 a little late but they got there!      
    • I am going to check it out!   Thanks!
    • Believe that's the last out of theirs that I have. Kind-of like RUSH, when they reached a stage I just kept playing their older stuff! With RUSH it's either the one with the red cover or the light purpled one, got both and I like them!      
    • You have me confused with the switching between K33 and K77.    Square magnet K-33-Es made by Eminence are older than round magnet K-33-Es.  The square magnet K-33-Es have a lower Fs, reportedly (I haven't tested them.).  I *believe* the change may have been an attempt to raise output in the 300 to 400 Hz range and did not cause the low bass to change significantly.    K-33-Ps would have been used in every 15" Klipsch at that time.    Your La Scala woofers will be exact replacements for your Klipschorn.  The horn itself governs much of the woofer's performance, so minor differences will not show up.  I'd swap them.   Then, I'd look at other, higher power rated woofers for your La Scalas like K-43s, a popular cast frame replacement, or popular bespoke Eminence woofers.  They will tolerate higher power and more excursion, if you choose well, allowing you to safely add EQ between 40 and 60 Hz.    PM me if you like.
    • I've got a six left in the fridge since about February. I'd have one with chili, pizza or a good sandwich. Started rejection of my new filter around then so I'm done with that for now. Think it was all the pain Rx for those stones. Need to check if the close neighbor wants `em. I sure did when I made brats & kraut this week!
    • Sitting on the deck enjoying some 90s alternative, drinking one of my favorite beers Boulevard Space Camper, heating up the egg to make some pizza.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CreatingImages