Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

129 Excellent

1 Follower

About MenloBob

  • Rank
    Forum Veteran

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. With dual 15 Kappas these will be monsters.
  2. What do you have in mind for the LF drivers?
  3. I've been thinking of building a 4 channel version for my K510 actives. Have you tried playing with the nutube plate bias to adjust the second harmonic component?
  4. Too bad you're so far away from me. I think the K510s on top of the LaScalas with and active crossover would be the best of both.
  5. https://www.us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=avreceivers&ProductId=AudysseyMultEQEditorApp
  6. I see two paths forward here. You can keep guessing or you can measure your system response and know exactly what’s going on. If you’re running Audyssy then it will try to autocorrect to flat response in your room. It’s quite likely that you just don’t like the sound of flat response and need to make some manual eq adjustments to get the sound you have in mind. There’s an app you can get for your Marantz that will let you manually change the EQ curve for your main channels. But step 1 is to get a measurement microphone and take a response sweep measurement from your listening position so you know where you are starting from. There are many of us here that can help you with the technical aspects of this. I run my system with three different response curves: flat, some midbass enhancement and significant midbass enhancement. Each one of these curves sounds best depending on the quality of the recording. My guess is you will like the sound of a low shelf boost of between 2 - 6d centered at 200hz. This will emphasize the low string of a bass guitar and the thump of the drum bottom end without muddying the vocal range.
  7. From the size almost certainly. Anyone see the prices? The ones I saw start with a 2 and have five digits.
  8. Would have saved me a lot of time building my own, but at least the ones I made fit exactly where I need them to go..
  9. Looks like are wishes have been granted, K510s in a 2 way home tower. Hopefully the LCR speakers will be orderable separately from the subs for 2 channel. Thanks team! https://www.klipsch.com/cedia
  10. Those are K510 two ways with 15” bass drivers. Essentially the home 396 we’ve been pining for.
  11. Will there be prototypes of the just announced Pro Cinema K510 Home Editions? If so then I’m in.
  12. I'd love this but work schedule is packed this fall, and flying in twice to Hope in a year is a hard sell with all the other speaker related stuff I've acquired this year. What I would easily shell out a few hundred bucks towards the museum funding is an afternoon of quality time with a set of Jubes on the Saturday or Thursday of Pilgrimage..
  13. I'm a mid Gen-Xer (51) and have a team of 30 millenials and younger that work for me. I throw BBQs & happy hours frequently for the team and always make sure to crank up the K510/2x12s. I have a number of converts to real hifi that are just waiting to move out of small apartments before they move past the Sonos craze.
  14. I've just decided I have to go. Championship is really up for grabs. I'd like to see Rossi pull out an upset, but I like Newgarden too.
  15. I have the miniDSP OpenDRC 2x8 which I use to crossover and EQ my K510/2x12 combos. This is a step up from the 2x4HD that I had purchased a few years ago to experiment with 3 way designs. The miniDSPs are great little kit, but the noise floor can be high for horn loaded tweeters. I had to put an attenuator between the miniDSP and K510s to drop the hiss to an acceptable level. Of course those horns are so insanely efficient I didn't really lose any SPL. If I were in your shoes I'd give the the 2x4 balanced a try as it's only $100. You could probably easily get $50 for it on ebay if it doesn't work out for you. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd spend $500 on a 4x10HD. I'd probably keep my eyes open for a 3x6 Xilica or Yamaha used instead. Once your at $500 the price/performance doesn't seem as attractive given the higher noise floor.
  • Create New...