A fine southern Belle moved in today

USNRET

If it's anything like the AK4->AK5, all that changed was removal of one resistor on the woofer trap (eq circuit).

The schematic for AB3 has a similar circuit, I cannot say exactly what changes were made to AB4 (if there was such a network). Changes from AB2 to AB3 were to accomodate slight changes in drivers due to new manufacturers in the case of the K77F and K55X. Tweeter protection was changed to a poly switch.

Can you photograph the network from top?

You wouldn't really consider dissecting a perfectly good speaker, would you? And hide that beautiful mahogany panel? What about wall mounting the panel TV? That would leave the Belle unscathed and visible to the world. I've found that since getting great recliners that I prefer the screen up a little higher on the wall anyway.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's anything like the AK4->AK5, all that changed was removal of one resistor on the woofer trap (eq circuit).

The schematic for AB3 has a similar circuit, I cannot say exactly what changes were made to AB4 (if there was such a network). Changes from AB2 to AB3 were to accomodate slight changes in drivers due to new manufacturers in the case of the K77F and K55X. Tweeter protection was changed to a poly switch.

Can you photograph the network from top?

You wouldn't really consider dissecting a perfectly good speaker, would you? And hide that beautiful mahogany panel? What about wall mounting the panel TV? That would leave the Belle unscathed and visible to the world. I've found that since getting great recliners that I prefer the screen up a little higher on the wall anyway.

Belle parts are: K-77-F and K-55-M. P/N for xover is 116499

Just can't make myself saw this beauty in half (yet). Yea, I know it un-screws but just the same....Unfortunately the TV is a DLP and not a flat panel so no wall mounting. I did a circling approach to the CFO last night and rest assured that I will not be getting a new TV anytime soon. Now if I could talk my 7 y.o. son into a little scheme and happen to toss a basball thru it?????

Actually, a co-worker come up with a plan today to construct an I-beam supported shelf of 3/4 cabinet plywood stained to match center Belle to support the TV just barely over the center speaker and insert DVD/CD storage as filler between LCR. This would surround the newest lady in the harlem and cover her with a Georgia peach "bonnet" extending out just to her L&R sisters. All weight would be supported by the cabinet and I could pull out the center to access my wall plates behind the system as all wiring runs about 35' thru the walls to the rack.

The other sisters started to get jealous but I reminded them of the early Christmas presents they received from Santa Crites just last week.

Actually, a co-worker come up with a plan today to construct an I-beam supported shelf of 3/4 cabinet plywood stained to match center Belle to support the TV just barely over the center speaker and insert DVD/CD storage as filler between LCR. This would surround the newest lady in the harlem and cover her with a Georgia peach "bonnet" extending out just to her L&R sisters. All weight would be supported by the cabinet and I could pull out the center to access my wall plates behind the system as all wiring runs about 35' thru the walls to the rack.

Now that idea makes sense. After the great deal you got on the speaker, why not spend a bit to make it comfortable?

Now that idea makes sense. After the great deal you got on the speaker, why not spend a bit to make it comfortable?

Now the ? is should the rear be open or enclosed. Easier enclosed but is there any harm to sonics by wrapping an enclosure around the center; or L/R for that matter?

Now the ? is should the rear be open or enclosed. Easier enclosed but is there any harm to sonics by wrapping an enclosure around the center; or L/R for that matter?

Congrats, and welcome to the center Belle club. No harm in closing off the back if that is easier. Good decision to not split her up.

I've had various TVs above my center Belle for a number of years now, and a Belle is still my all-time favorite center, both aethestically and sonically.

Three Belles up front is so very sweet (my last setup). Again, congrats and enjoy. She's beautiful.

Carl.

P.S. The top of a Belle is not shielded. I do not know if microdisplays are affected by magnetic pull from below (like the old CRTs were). If they are, you may want to get some bucking magnets or a lead sheet like I have used on the top of your Belle.

do you need another one...BIN 600 bucks...it's been up on the bay for 4 hrs and I'm surprised it's not sold yet...cane grills..don't assume anything...check it out first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-Belle-Klipsch-Loudspeaker-Walnut-finish_W0QQitemZ300279001625QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks much, message to seller sent!

do you need another one...BIN 600 bucks...it's been up on the bay for 4 hrs and I'm surprised it's not sold yet...cane grills..don't assume anything...check it out first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-Belle-Klipsch-Loudspeaker-Walnut-finish_W0QQitemZ300279001625QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it's a BIN auction so watch the clock.

yes, you should know what your doing BUT, if there are negative warning signs here, I am not seeing them...

like sf said, it's B.I.N (Buy It Now!)

I am in the market for sure but I promised a forum friend that the next single I found was his if I could help him. He's been contacted and is looking. BTW the seller has not responded.

it's a BIN auction so watch the clock.

I spoke with the seller this morning. He has only the single and had been looking for a mate but now just wants to sell it. My CFO says no until I can sell my two Academies. Guess I'll have to put them on for auction.