NO COMPROMISING!

Danely15

My suggestion... Try to defuse it. Try to shift her ploy to something else like bed sheets or some such thing. Tell her you insist on Nascar racing sheets. The seating issue: No problem sweetheart, it is not up for discussion. I decided how to do that when I bought the home long before you were in the picture. But you can have the sheets you like, dear.

Just watch out for those satin sheets:

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/bud-light-satin-sheets-beer-commercial-no5/12526449/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing funnier than hearing her scream when she "falls in" at 3:00 am !!!!!

At which point you refer to Annex-27, Immediate Self Defence Action Drills - #324 - Wife Falls In Toilet After Midnight.

You will need rubber gloves (two pairs), a Batman mask, a sheet of Bisqueen, a sprinkler system and a quart of Wesson Oil to manage it.... It will be rough, but can be done[6]

It depends Is she HOTTTTTT? If so do it her way.

Oh the mistakes of youth. Trust me, no matter how hot, if they drive you crazy it is not worth putting up with it (not saying that your GF is this way, just passing on some lessons). A very good friend has an attractive wife that I would not wish on my worst enemy.

OK, enough of that. At 26 I would have already had the couch that I wanted, end of story. Now, less that 1 month from 40 I see things very differently. My wife and I have very similar taste and we still bicker a little when decorating even though we are happy with the same thing in the end. We usually narrow down to a few couches and then pick from there. We each veto certain items. Here she is probably trying to veto theater seats in your living room. Not that unreasonable. If this is not a dedicated room, theater seats will not work as you will creating a man cave house that she will never be comfortable in (4 years, 26 years old, she is thinking marriage even if you have not discussed it).

We have reclining sofas in our family room and they are really comfortable, you can take a nap on them, and they work very well if she wants to cuddle. This is also where I do all of my listening and they work great for that, plus our dogs can sit by me when I listen. She wants all of my stereo equipment upstairs in a dedicated gameroom that we have, I prefer the family room. I bought speakers that she has admitted that she likes, and they are very large. Choose your battles. I am an itiallian alpha male and have had to learn to compromize a lot, and I am much happier for doing so.

Marshall,

Step away from the Sam Adams, sir.

M

It's all my fault for egging him on to drink the entire case BeerBeerBeerBeerBeer

Marshall and Fender (what a combo, eh?) are like the Alice Cooper band on tour. They get a case of beer per man per day. That's the rules mang.

I always though of as us more along the lines of Jake and Elwood......we're puttin the band back together man!

I think my wife's a little jealous [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Marshall, Step away from the Sam Adams, sir.M

It's all my fault for egging him on to drink the entire case BeerBeerBeerBeerBeer

Marshall and Fender (what a combo, eh?) are like the Alice Cooper band on tour. They get a case of beer per man per day. That's the rules mang.

I always though of as us more along the lines of Jake and Elwood......we're puttin the band back together man!

I think my wife's a little jealous Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Sam Adams!!!!? Due to the economic situation, the last beer I had was an A&W Root Beer on Sunday!!!! However, me and Elwood are slowly but surely stocking up for the next concert!!!! Thye only thing we are missing.... and to bring the thread back on topic... is the chicken wire netting for the door so SWMBO can't throw things at us!!! My progress on the stash continues!!! Elwood (aka fender... is doing the obligatory WAF road trip to Canada on Friday and won't be back until the 28th.

Then it's massive amplifier equipment swapping around to ensure the Wall Of Voodoo is ready for the South Florida Klipsch Swamp Hunting Fishing and Choral Society Beer and Ribs Fest. Lookin' like the Saturday, the 10th of January, but we will post this "NO COMPROMISE" related event when we have it pinned down.