Klipsch THX ultra 2 or RF 83 system

viggnesh

Roger..how do u rate the JL audio Fathom f113?? will it work well with the klipsch THX subs inmy setup??am getting a great deal on that?? plz share ur thoughts

I took a leap of faith after talking to Trey Cannon.. Engineer with Klipsch. He swears about these for either stereo, or Home Theater. They sound musical, but also have a LOT of punch too!

They are just that good with the rest of the Klipsch lineup.

Stay with the KA 1000 amp, with the KW 120 subs, and get 2 of them too!

Do it right! I know I could say, "Just trust me!" But that is tough, you do not know me at all, but this THX system was created with THOSE THX subs in mind. So think about that a while, and get it right.

thanks Dr. who..

Indy, i definitely trust you mate..or else i would not ask for ur suggestions..thanks for ur inputs..i will stick to my THX subs..no way i wanna get rid of them...i was considering the JL fathom for the add on....looks like the wise thing to do is get a THX KA amp and a THX subwoofer....

By the way, i have ordered Auralex panels for my room acoustics...am eagerly waiting for them...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...received my sunfire TGR today..connected my subs..and WOW!!no probs with it driving the subs...i am still waiting for my room to get completed..once it gets done , i will connect everything and post a detailed review and photos..cheers....

• 1 month later...

the absence of the HD audio codecs was driving me crazy...so i upgraded to seperates.....my sunfire distributor THE AUDIO PEOPLE in chennai are great guys when it comes to customer support..they agreed to exchange my sunfire TGR 401... i returned it, and took home the TGA 7400..and for the preamp i bought marantz AV8003... guys, the sound is awesome....my room acoustics are getting done..it should be complete in a couple of weeks.. will post the pics..thanks for the guidance and support..luv u all.. cheers

• 2 months later...

dear friends..first of all am really very sorry for keeping this thread idle...but the good news is..i have taken my own sweet time and has just finished my home theater....

my equipment is...

klipsch Thx ultra 2 speakers with 2 kw-120 subs

marantz AV 8003 preamp

sunfire 7400 400* 7 power amp

pioneer BDP-LX 71 blu ray

sony PS3

dvico Tvix juke box

Optoma HD 8200 projector

Elite EZ frame 120" diagonal acousticpro 1080 material

straight wire cables.

am taking various pics and will post them later tonight or tomorrow....and thanks a lot for everyone, who has helped and guided me throout this process..without u guy's help i would nevr have been able to get my dream to come true..thanks again..cheers

Auralex acoustic panels

Viggnesh, you have a fun thread to read! The excitement of choosing and purchasing is a big part of the package, and I can tell you have enthusiasm about it!

I just bought the THX U2 front three about two months ago. I'm very pleased and can't wait to get all the other parts of the system.

I'm looking forward to detailed impressions and photos of the room. Don't abandon us!

Best wishes,

Tony

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

my sincere apologies dear friend...got too busy with profession and a few other familiy disasters prevented me from posting pics nd completing this thread..am really really sorry...i never meant to take the inputs and fader away...i have just bought a digicam and have clicked pics of my completed room..will post them after work tomo..

i hope u all forgive me...

I just read this thread and was looking at the sub options. Currently run the Ultra II setup with the system subs, however don't feel I am getting the "wow" sound. I currently use a Pioneer Elite vsx 54, but just got the UPA-7 on closeout in an attempt to upgrade to separates. Was planning to keep using the Pioneer until I decide what to get for a pro/pre. I would like to get the Emotiva XMC when it comes out to match the amp, but also looking at the Marantz models. Will the upgrade to separates alone help my "wow" factor? Specifically with the subs?

ihave used quite a few subs and this pair gives me more than the wow feel...a few things to keep in mind....

the sub preout from the preamp/receiver is very important..and am sure either the emotiva or the marantz THX av 8003 will suffice..

trust me..not heard a better sub at this price

ihave used quite a few subs and this pair gives me more than the wow feel...a few things to keep in mind....

the sub preout from the preamp/receiver is very important..and am sure either the emotiva or the marantz THX av 8003 will suffice..

trust me..not heard a better sub at this price

so -- my AVR could be the issue? A new processor could give me better bass? I thought the bass was driven by the KA-1000 amp...