Christmas Eve Pardon

Tarheel

We have lost a significant forum member this year and though we are blessed with many newbies we still don't have the spark we use to have with the likes of mas and Parrot......see where I am going here? Why not grant a pardon to these two former members......maybe just allow them to talk to each other. Don't get me wrong...mas and I had some moments (the Michael Vick thread) but we also exchanged some pms and I found him to be very friendly and engaging. Bottom line here is we need some excitement.....I can take the heat...... so Amy.....bringem back......heck they may not want back in but I would like to see both of them post again.....in the Christmas spirit[:P]

They've both helped me through the years with good technical advice and comradarie.

EDIT In reading some of the further posts here, I agree that 'pardoning' any number of misbehaving former Forum members would not be honoring Old Buckster in any way shape or form however. I'm certain that Miss Amy has fulfilled her duties by first giving multiple warnings prior to dismissing those members.

m

Thanks Marshall, Michael, and Don.....those of us who actually had conversations with mas ( I never talked with Parrot) came to understand and/or accept his/their demeanor and were not threatend by his/their staightforward in your face communications. That said....I have spoken with others who miss their view of all things audio and I believe discourse is why we are all here. I would find it boring if we all thought a like or communicated a like. There may not be a precedent for bringing back a banned member but in this season of giving why don't we establish one?

Pardons sound good for some....maybe parole for others...not my placed to decide who gets what....some folks change (when they are being watched) ...most folks don't.

Sorry but Old Buckster was never one to act bad or cause problems on the Forum and I don't see how bringing back someone who does would be honoring him.

I wish no one ever had to be baned but if someone has been warned and put in time out multiple times and still continued to do what got them baned the first time then they aren't very likely to change. If people just want drama then there are better places to get it than the Klipsch Forum.

If the intention is to honor Old Buckster then encourage good people you know to check out the forum and hopefully join.

mike tn

I gotta admit I skipped this thread thinking it was about "W" doing something or another... Then I saw Roy post and knew it was about real criminals...[:P]

I've got to admit that I agree with everything said about MAS. He's not the same person in type that he is in voice. I've got to also admit that unfortunately, he's not the same person in type that he is in voice (I've never met him but have spoken to him for a number of hours via phone). I think he has always wanted to help. Heck, he's probably got some kind of official OCD regarding 'spectral reflections' or something like that, he just seems to short circuit at times when it comes to his fingers doing his talking for him. I realize he's been banned twice so I don't really see it happening (unfortunately). I think MAS could be an asset within his realm of experience. Maybe Amy could think to make a forum on "room treatements" alone and give him only access there so that he's "caged" to a degree, but still able to help those who want to visit with him and get his ideas/expertise. Kind of a solitary confinement?

As for Parrot, I never met him and had quite an annoyance of him. I have since realized that I might have the same viewpoint of him that others have of MAS. This probably makes me a hippocrite but I'd be much more comfrotable with MAS having probabtion (which he already had once as I understand it) and I'll leave it at that...I don't want to badmouth Parrot since other than his baits here, I don't know much about him. New thought...maybe he could be stuck in the same caged room as MAS.... there might be some interesting irony there? Parrot could come back with his quick wit and MAS could drown Parrot with pages of type he would have to read and report back his findings... [:^)] They'd go mutually insane [;)]

I think we might have a better chance if we had some leverage on Amy...... maybe get a hangmans noose and her duck....

hmm...duck... Amy, exactly where is your duck?

bbq sauce?

I think this one needs to go presidential, Amy is going to show us how firm she can be and it is her job to wear the badge around here (said in my Sgt. Friday voice)

Amy has a tough job and has fulfilled her task with integrity. She has offered multiple warnings/chances to those who would seemingly ignore the rules of conduct and engagement.

She has been patient and forgiving. Just look at how much she has endured from Coytee alone [:S]. . . . .

. . . . and Richard is still with us . . . . . .thankfully. . . . . [;)]

comparing old buckster with them two??? come on.....

I certainly was not comparing any one to Oldbuckster and this was not a thread about him nor an attempt to honor him. It was a post saying some of the spark has been missing without the controversy those two (mas and Parrot) created. I admit I can't recall many of Parrot's post but I always read what mas had to say because I enjoyed and cringed at some of his statements and ideas. I remember mas calling me tarbaby and suggesting we were doing some inbreeding down here in my neck of the woods but I still miss his informative and relevant points of view.

I agree with the other comments about Amy and the great job she does day in and day out. No attempt here to second guess her decisions and she was most lkely right to take the action she did.

My only question was do bans have to be forever?

No, bans are not forever, unless desired by the person banned.

Bill Hendrix has already said it well about how Amy does her job.

I do know of instances where banned persons were allowed back after being in conversation with Amy. It's up to the person banned to contact her and discuss the matter. Those conversations, well, emails, are private as appropriate.

The standards for decorum here are pretty basic. How hard can it be to keep them? I don't know of a case where someone got banned was surprised by it. In any case where the user banned was a member for some time, the person has been warned and advised to keep it between the ditches. No one "makes them" post flames again and thus earn that of which they have been warned.

I would suggest contacting president elect Obama. There is always a pardon at Thanksgiving.

• Moderators

If either one of them contacted me to discuss it, of course I would be open to it. I like them both on a personal level.

As it is, they have not attempted to communicate with me, nor do I get the impression that they would like to, which is fine.

That said, I don't think anyone here would say that their past behavior is a reflection on OB at all, and that was not the intent of this thread.

Thanks guys, had to keep it short -- it's time for Christmas Eve Breakfast [:D]

We have lost a significant forum member this year and though we are blessed with many newbies we still don't have the spark we use to have with the likes of mas and Parrot......see where I am going here? Why not grant a pardon to these two former members......maybe just allow them to talk to each other.

Tarheel I just didn't see how bringing up "We have lost a significant forum member this year" (I assume you were referring to old buckster here) had anything to do with mas and parrot being pardoned so that is why I responded the way I did.

Sorry if I misunderstood this but I still wouldn't want to see the "spark" like parrot brought back on the forum.

mike tn