when is the best time to shop?

iwillwalk

Wait until tomorrow.... Then start checking the local papers, Best Buy and don't forget to go to a Circuit City if any of them are left (they are desperate). The stores are gonna want to clear out any possible inventory before 1 January to avoid the State tax on their inventory.

We went to the mall earlier today, and almost every store, of every kind had HUGE sales. Average of about 40% off everything!

Few people remember to visit Sears for big-ticket electronics. We bought our Panasonic plasma at Sears a year ago because they beat everyone else's pricing. They currently continue to have some of the lowest prices on major brands such as Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and Pioneer. They are nearly always cheaper than Best Buy's pricing. Check em' out! -Glenn

Few people remember to visit Sears for big-ticket electronics. We bought our Panasonic plasma at Sears a year ago because they beat everyone else's pricing. They currently continue to have some of the lowest prices on major brands such as Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and Pioneer. They are nearly always cheaper than Best Buy's pricing. Check em' out! -Glenn

[Y][Y]

Electronics will ALWAYS get better and cheaper. It never ends. You can drive yourself crazy waiting for the next sale or newest generation of something. In the meantime, you're missing out on enjoying a new display. Find what you want at a decent price and go get it, then quit looking at sale ads. It'll make you sick.

Yeh. tech is only going to get cheaper. No real reason for concern about missing a sale.

When you find what you like at a price that you really like, go for it. No reason to pull the trigger until you feel good about the value, though.

I would imagine that the approaching change over is creating a little more than the usual traffic for purchases.

• Moderators

Best time to shop around here is during a Colts game.

Oh wait, I thought you were taking about groceries.

[;)]

I was forced (yes, forced, I say!) to buy a new 46" LCD in the middle of November since my lovely plasma went kaput after just 4 years, and me with a 3 year warranty. I've been keeping an eye on that same set since then, and there hasn't been any real difference between then and now, even through Black Friday. I say go for it.