poll...opinions needed

dtel

dtel, first of all, i would need a wife as understanding and adorable as yours before i could even consider this . . . . then i would need a room large enough to accommodate all of the speakers . . . . . so, if i was to envision this fantasy for myself . . . . . i would have to go with option #2, the corns and their littler siblings.

• Moderators

Del, first of all, i would need a wife as understanding and adorable as yours before i could even consider this . . . . then i would need a room large enough to accommodate all of the speakers . . . . . so, if i was to envision this fantasy for myself . . . . . i would have to go with option #2, the corns and their littler siblings.

St. Patrick, I wanted to tell you the other day, but didn't want to do it there...Thank You.

She is very understanding, I asked her this before I posted and she said " If that's what you want to do ".

Although I have to say when you said fantasy my first second and third thought had nothing to do with speakers ! [:|]

• Moderators

I have to say I am a little surprised by the answers, thanks.

The reason I ask is my wife and daughter want 2 other speakers in the living room and they are kind of big !

Right now there is forte ll on stands in each corner ( 24' apart ) in the center is a big TV with another F ll on top, on the side of the TV stand is the C lll's.

The one's they want will fit if I move the others around but I was just thinking what if.......I get rid of the 6 forte's....use the C lll's for front L & R get a Hlll for center and for the 2 rears. 5.1 is good enough, no room for the side speakers anyway. This would give a little more room on the front wall, 2 less speakers, that's sad when you have to make room on a 24' wide wall ! [:$] Christy says she don't care just leave them all, but I was thinking I may also get a little better HT that way and free up some space.

I am not really worried about 2 CH with the C lll's because the ones they want will cover 2 CH, NO problem. [;)]

Sorry to be so long, just getting ideas , I may not even change out the forte's , I love them, it's a sickness !

Dtel...I thought you were describing me... [;)] ...I too had an all Heresy Home Theater that I really enjoyed...I don't know how much more you would get from the Cornwall IIIs than you get from the Forte' IIs if you are using a sub...but the Tweeter and Squawker are the same on Heresys and the Cornwall IIIs, right???...comparing my Quartets to the Heresys...I found the Heresy upper just a bit cleaner and clearer...even with Bob Crites Titanium diaphragms so...give 'er a try (course that means some HEAVY lifting but...)...let us know how it shakes out...

Bill

The reason I ask is my wife and daughter want 2 other speakers in the living room and they are kind of big !

So what speakers are on their list?

I am not really worried about 2 CH with the C lll's because the ones they want will cover 2 CH, NO problem. Wink

Can it be K-Horns.... [:S]

James

dtel, first of all, i would need a wife as understanding and adorable as yours before i could even consider this . . . . then i would need a room large enough to accommodate all of the speakers . . . . . so, if i was to envision this fantasy for myself . . . . . i would have to go with option #2, the corns and their littler siblings.

Ditto, as it is with my equipment I'm pushing it with the wife, I wish him luck! Option 2, d.a.m.n the torpedos! Full speed ahead!

• Moderators

So what speakers are on their list?

I am not really worried about 2 CH with the C lll's because the ones they want will cover 2 CH, NO problem. Wink

Can it be K-Horns.... Tongue Tied

James

No not Khorn's, it's about the size of 2 Khorns in each corner maby a little bigger than that. [:|]

MWM's with 402 horns on top

OK the Truth will come out....My daughter, wife and I were together when we heard these speakers and my daughter and wife looked at each other and said " That's what we want " ! [:o]

I thought they sound great but considering the size and a room full of speakers already I wasn't going to press my luck.

Ah, you're in the 'something must go' mode?

Depends on the amount of 2 channel listening you do. I'd much rather have the CWIII's for stereo and they make great HT mains.

How about a third CWIII for center (if you have the space) and keep your forte's for surrounds?

EDIT, let me recant that. So you'll be using the MWM/402/K69 for 2 ch mains? How about using them for the HT also?

A Heresy wouldn't be a good center for that setup, so moving to CWIII/HIII/CWIII makes sense. You could use forte or forteII for surround just fine with that setup, or move into Heresies. I'd rather keep the fortes because you could run them as LARGE if you wanted.

M