I'm now at a loss....Heritage delima

PhilMays

So, the Cornwalls have "Rocked my World". On my mancave theater I was going to place my forte II's for my surrounds and use an academy for a center channel.....

NOW, I'm considering Heresy's for surrounds and a center, OR another Cornwall for the center and Heresy's for surrounds......Any thoughts?

Heresy's make a fine center. I'm sure the Cornwalls would also, I just haven't tried that yet. They are too big to put in front of my RPTV, and the TV is too heavy to pick to put on top of the corn's. I have also use LaScala's for a center, but again too much work now.

I haven't heard Forte's but they should also work with the Heresy center, or as surrounds.

• Moderators

I looked at you system profile, [:D] very nice audio pile you have going there Mr PhilMays ! [;)]

Same kind of things I have been trying to figure out, But I have no space for a Cornwall for a center. I am thinking a Heresy should do well for a center except for the bass and that should be covered by a sub for Ht.

• Moderators

IndyKlipsch Fan, I think that's what I'm going to do, if I have the patiemce to find a single CW. However, I may just add the Heresy's first and use the Academy I just got from Michael until I find "one".

I like that idea and it will sound really good, if you ever run across a single Cornwall try it out, Academy's are not easy to find especially in that shape, you could always sell it.

Heresies work great for centre and surround, they're just a bit heavy for any wall brackets I've ever seen, so my surround Heresies are on a bookcase and a tall wooden box. That may not give "as-designed" bass response, but it's better than having them on the floor behind the sofa.

They're also strongly toed-in, because when they were facing straight ahead, the treble response was down and and the volume at the sweet spot was down about 4dB.