Any UFC fans?

tommyboy

Just wondering how many of us are UFC fans? I'm a UFC JUNKIE! Seriously. Anyway, I'm really hyped about the St. Pierre and Penn fight coming up! Hopefully I'm not the only one

Big fan here. May pay to see the Henderson fight this weekend too.

jc

Big fan here too. I think it would probably be more boring in person, but I might try seeing it live one of these days.

My bro knows one of the fighers in Texas and he said he's always willing to go a few rounds in the ring. I might try that out sometime as it looks like a lot of fun (pain is only temporary, eh?) [;)]

Come on JB, man up! And about boxing, some say that MMA is going to put boxing out of business................ I was a die hard boxing fan, til I was about 15. Now boxing is sort of boring to me. Why just watch people throw blows when there is so much more to the game? Ju Jitsu, wrestling, head kicks etc.

Big fan here too. The UFC has some of the best athletes on the planet, IMHO although I dunno about watching it in person. Cagefighting seems like a sport that lends itself to a televised audience although I wouldn't mind checking it out sometime. Now if you guys plan on setting up an octagon at the next pilgrimmage, I'll definitely be there. I would love to see a tube vs SS bout!

I like it but I wish there was a little less wrestling, If you can't get a submission in say 30 seconds you must get up. Some fights end up just hugging on the floor, not much to watch IMO.

I agree!! Maybe one minute and then break it up. I understand the stragey of the ground fighting but it is boring after awhile and no one can submit the other.

I like UFC a lot as well. I understand the not liking the ground work however it is an essential part of the game. Penn - St Pierre is going to be a great fight. IMO if he can keep his head on one of the toughest guys in the octagon is Quentin Jackson, I'd also love to see Fedor come to the US and fight more. I thought the Iceman was the real deal for a while but his chin seems to be a little suspect.

I like it but I wish there was a little less wrestling, If you can't get a submission in say 30 seconds you must get up. Some fights end up just hugging on the floor, not much to watch IMO.

I agree!! Maybe one minute and then break it up. I understand the stragey of the ground fighting but it is boring after awhile and no one can submit the other.

My dad used to say the same thing all the time until he got more educated in grapling strategy and technique. There are some fights where two guys go to the ground and niether knows what they're doing and that's boring as all get out, but the guys good at grappling are great fun to watch (even if it doesn't seem like much is going on).

Faber is my favorite fighter - although I was super dissapointed with his performance when he lost his title.

My dad used to say the same thing all the time until he got more educated in grapling strategy and technique. There are some fights where two guys go to the ground and niether knows what they're doing and that's boring as all get out, but the guys good at grappling are great fun to watch (even if it doesn't seem like much is going on).

Faber is my favorite fighter - although I was super dissapointed with his performance when he lost his title.

I understand the grapling stragey and appreciate the skill it takes but for me it sometimes can be borring to watch if that is all they do when it is suppose to be "mixed martial arts".

If I want to watch a Ju Jitsu match then I will find a broadcast of it. I have watched matches that were grapling and enjoyed them to a certain extent but after 5 minutes of it I just get tired.

Graplers are outstanding fighters but just a little to slow for my taste, kinda of like Baseball[|-)]

No, UFC is boring. My reason being is they lie onto each other on the mat trying to submit the other and the one on the bottom never figures a way to hurt the other guy, it drives me nuts as I know I'd figure a way out of it! I see it all the time, if it was Ultimate Fighting, use everything in your arsenal.

No, UFC is boring. My reason being is they lie onto each other on the mat trying to submit the other and the one on the bottom never figures a way to hurt the other guy, it drives me nuts as I know I'd figure a way out of it! I see it all the time, if it was Ultimate Fighting, use everything in your arsenal.

You're right they should be able to use guns and axes.

Big fan here too. I think it would probably be more boring in person, but I might try seeing it live one of these days.

My wife got us free tickets through a friend to see it at the Mandalay Bay in December. It was awesome live. The arena is set up so that you can really see from everywhere and there is nothing like being there in person. The energy in the arena is unreal. I really hope that she can get more tickets. I just wish a beer wasn't $8.

There was a show taped here in Las Vegas called Tapout or something like that. Some reality show with ultimate fighters. It was taped walking distance from my house, we walk our dogs by there whenever we take them out for a walk. I didn't see the series but I have been in the house before, nice place. Kind of cool to see what had to be done to tape the show. Lots of really tall lights and tons of vehicles for support crew. My wife was hoping that it was the Bachelor or some similar show.