Circuit City is no more, RIP.

Tough break Noah. Hope it all works out for you. Can't say I'm surprised by the news though. Circuit City was always a pretty lousy store in these parts with much worse than average service and employees that belonged at the DMV. Christmas season before last, I waited on line in a nearly empty store for 20 minutes to buy an item I couldn't find anywhere else. I was third in line and arrived at the register to find a very unfriendly employee who had no explanation or apology for the wait. I never returned. Pc Richard and Best Buy are the stores I shop now.

If this goes per the Comp USA & Good Guys model, a liquidation firm will be brought in to handle the "final clearance" sales.

The initial "liquidation" sale prices will be MSRP less 10% - in other words - full retail. So, don't expect any screaming deals.

You'll do better walking into any other going concern & doing a little haggling.

James

Circuit City has been fighting hard to stay alive for a number of years now, so, with many other businesses going down the tubes that have only RECENTLY run into financial distress, this CircuitCity thing was no surprise to me at all!

I have NEVER ben in a Circuit City location which had employees who seemed to really care about selling anything except the most expensive items ithe department. Not only that, but not once have I ever talked to an employee who really knew anthing about audio, much less about the products he/she was selling! And to top it al off, the prices there were ALWAYS cheaper somewhere else on the same or like items! SO...it was NO surprise tomeatall!

The worst thing about the entire situation IMHO, is that one less competitor chain in the business now exists, and competition is what helps keep prices affordable to the average "Joe/Jill"

If I had paid for an item that was NOT delivered, I would take my happy derriere down to the place ASAP and ask why...just feign ignorance of the bankruptcy situation and ask "Where the hello is that tv that I paid for? You said you would deliver it YESTERDAY!! EIther deliver it TODAY or take it off my card NOW!!"

Circuit City was going to deliver my new Panasonic Plasma today but the "fire dog" truck never showed up.

When I did some investigating, I got the news.

I ordered it on my (now useless) Circuit City credit card,

Do you think Circuit City will try to collect on a un-delivered item?

Good Grief!

N

Good luck. I returned an item to Ultimate Electronics a few days before they closed their doors. They were supposed to credit $200 to my Mastercard, but that transaction never happened.

Good riddens.

This is the result when your sales people spend more time talking amoung themselves instead of helping customers, when your customer service department thinks its the customer servass department, and when the regional operations manager tells customers they don't want to see them in their store ever again (after having purchased a grand or so of computer hardware during the previous week, not to mention the thousands spent there in previous years).

True story.