jc's tractrix bass bin

jwc

• 1 month later...

They sound good. They don't go real low......usual for a horn sub though. Efficient and easily keep up with the rest.

I need to work on the setup a little more. It is hard when not in stereo. I need to finish that last tractrix bin.

Had a chance to mess around with these today. Got them even with the rest of the system. I'm getting some room gain...in a favorable way. I had to add a touch of +PEQ at 45Hz which is a typical dip down for this sub. Xo'ed at about 70Hz with the tractrix bin. The tractrix bin is cutoff at 500Hz.

The bass is very good right now. I can't wait to get this in stereo soon.

jc

post-16499-1381948877514_thumb.jpg

Dang........you got your subs. Awesome........And I see you borrowed from your MCM grand system. That has to sound darn good. What powers the sub?

QSC PLX 1104. I will have a PLX 1804 in a few days and will probably use it. Same amp with more power.

jc

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done! It looks like it was molded as a single piece. A pair of all-white speakers might look good, especially in front of a white wall. Who had this speaker?

I have a pair of the horns, courtesy of jwc, but they are still black. They probably won't stay that way, though.

• 2 months later...