What if we held the 2009 Pickyfest RIGHT NOW?

picky

Looks like it would be considered a

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr BBQ Huh?

LOL! Good one, Bill! A "Brrrr-BQ"! We've had nearly 44 inches of snow this season already which is our usual annual total for the entire season! We've also been down to -15 degrees this past week. Global-warming my hiney!

Yours truly performing my winter "hobby" of late.....

post-10177-13819437397752_thumb.jpg

Wow! There's lots of great replies here! I'll try to answer each one:

dtel: Yes, that's really me with the snow-blower, wearing a parka that's about 1 or 2 sizes too large for me. LOL I'm feeling a lot better these days, but I need to get back on the stick and lose another 100 pounds or so. The Christmas Hoildays had a slight, lasting-effect on me if you know what I mean! LOL Thanks for the good words, ol' buddy!

seti: How nice of your to say! Verna and I did all of our own landscaping with the help of our son, Bill and our daughter's boyfriend, Dan. We have a tiny postage-stamp of a city lot (50'w x 110' D) but we love our yards and spend all of the warm months working in them and relaxing outside and on our deck. We consider the yards a perpetual, work-in-progress. Gardening is one of my other hobbies.

customsteve01: You both get your hineys up here now and I will fire that bad boy up for sure! Where's my shovel? LOL I should get my electric smoker out of the garage and smoke me up some spicy-sweet, sirloin jerky! Oops! Almost forgot about my diet! LOL

dtel: Thanks again for the good words on the yard, pal! [:$]

Coytee: I actually like all of this snow. I simply am tired of shoveling it. But, compared with what my pal Michael Hurd gets up in Nippigon, Canada, this is just a dusting! I am totaly serious!

J.4knee: Jim, you suck, man! LOL (just kidding of course) 85 degrees! Good Lord. You probably still have leaves on your trees! But we don't get mud slides, major earth quakes or the Santa Ana winds here. I'll take the snow.....for about another month or so. LOL

IndyKlispchFan: Roger, all I can say is, great minds think alike, bro! Right on!

dkp: You are so right; it looks like home and it does remind me of the snows we used to get when we were young tikes. I love the change of all four seasons. I used to miss them when we lived in northern Nevada near Reno. There, we got two seasons: Summer and Winter. The transition between the two seemed to take only a day or two. I actually missed thunderstorms when I moved out there too. We rarely got one back then. I guess they have more of them these days as they even had one of their first tornadoes blow through Fallon, Nevada about a year or so ago. Even though we lived at 4,000 feet, we usually only got a dusting of snaow that would melt by the afternoon. But in the Sierra's, the snow was so bad that tire chains were required by law.