To all of you who are proud parents...

Joe Shmoe

Congrats- nice kid- Spend as much time as you possibly can with him. If you don't- they will pay you back when they get to be teenagers. I spent every possible minute with my 2 boys while they were growing up and I have been very lucky. I have one in grad school and another who is an honor student in high school. I just wish I knew where the time went.

Enjoy You are so lucky to have a beautiful healthy child.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments! I will be sure to take plenty of pictures!

dkp- Man, my heart went out to you when you and your family were going through the health issues with your daughter, but now I see things in a totally different light! I just would be beside myself if I were in your shoes then. I couldn't imagine feeling that helpless watching something you just created have such a hard time... I hope things are better now and wish you and your family the best!

I had a reply typed out and lost it somehow... grrrrr

Hey Joe, thank you for the kind words! Children have a tremendous impact on our lives, healthy or not, and it's great to see you as a daddy! Sophia has improved so much since that last surgery. The difference is really like night and day, especially in her overall energy levels. As a matter of fact, I asked her cardiologist if I could get a remote for her pacemaker so I can slow her down once in a while. She's the first one up in the morning and the last one up at night (of the three girls)! Couple of pics from 2008:

Sophiaheadonhands.jpg

Halloween2008007.jpg

BTW, lil Joe seems to be resting comfortably after his "event."

Way cool! Congrats.

Love every second with them, burn the moments into your memory. Too soon they grow up and are gone. It feels like it will be a lifetime away before they move out but it will be over in a flash.

I still remember my son like yours is but he is now 24 and graduating from Navy basic training this friday and we are going to Great Lakes to watch. It feels like only last month he was just born.

Thanks again to all of the great responses & comments. My wife & baby came home today and are now resting comfortably. I had her read this posting with all of the responses & it made her day, and brought her to tears at the same time [;)]

Dave - PM sent.

That's awesome about your daughter! Me and my wife both wish her continued good health.