SVS PB 13 Ultra sub purchase

roaddog359

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the baby SVS 10 inch sub and couldn't be happier! It's all we have room for in the living room but it does a great job. It's the second best piece of equipment next to the Klipsch speakers. There are a great company to do business with.

Well, i did it today. I went with the rosenut. the wife did not want a a large textured black piece of furniture. so for the waf i got the rosenut. No argument about buying one so I will get the one she liked best. I think it will look okay. I spoke with Ron from SVS today for over an hour. He said it is a verry nice piece. Ron was a great guy to talk with and schooled me in subwoofers. He said it should ship Monday and I will have it probably Wednesday. Aftere i get it set up he wants me to call him back and give him my honest opinion of the sub.

Black is the safe bet- Wood tones NEVER look like the website pics or ads/

That is one beautiful sub.

Thanks Winchester21, you are correct black is a safe bet. But I am a risk taker and since my wife did not kill me for wanting to replace my sub, I showed her the color samples and let her decided. I also spent alot of time on the phone with Ron from SVS and he says the rosenut is stunning in person and pictures do not do it justice. Any way the only part of the sub that I will see is the front wit the grill on and the top. So either way I think I will be okay. My wife did not want to look at a even bigger black box sitting on the floor. No matter what finish it is its still going to rock the house! But I will find out for sure on Monday between 12 and 3p central time. Stay Tuned!

Dude- if youe wife agreed to this and picked out the color -the choice is already made. You are very lucky. Me -I sneaked mine in during daytime hours while she was at work.Talk about dirty looks!!! I am sleeping inside the bass cavity of one of my k horks using an empty amp box for a pillow - having nightmares about frying pans.This sub was on my short list when the RSW15 became available. I have heard nothing but rave reviews on this product and I am sure that you will LOVE it. I can't wait to see it. Congrats on a great purchase.

Me -I sneaked mine in during daytime hours while she was at work.Talk about dirty looks!!! I am sleeping inside the bass cavity of one of my k horks using an empty amp box for a pillow - having nightmares about frying pans.This sub was on my short list when the RSW15 became available. I have heard nothing but rave reviews on this product and I am sure that you will LOVE it. I can't wait to see it. Congrats on a great purchase.

LOL!! Winchester21 I surprisingly didn't even catch any grief when I bought my emotiva amps. Not even a question of ("Why do you need that?") So far so good, but I am sure my good luck streak will run out soon. Believe me I have done my share of sneaking stuff in over the years but its kinda hard to hide this subwoofer.

For those of you that are interested, I got the Subwoofer today. I about died trying to move that beast around. I have it set up and I am starting to play with the settings. But so far this thing packs a punch. I will post more once I get it dialed in if you guys are interested.