Wife brought a trailer home....

Coytee

She wanted to store some stuff while our construction is going on... figured she could buy this, use it for as long as she needs to... then sell or give away (even if for scrap) down the road....

I'm telling ya...the gal doesn't mess around!!

post-15072-13819455399686_thumb.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trucker dude who delvered it just brought it and left it... GOOD thing I have a full sized backhoe as I had to move this thing out of the way... oh, I also learned that the brakes default to LOCKED unless you have air pressure to release them...

I had to go buy some kind of "friendly hand" or something like that, concoct some connections to it, put my air compressor in the bucket of my 'hoe and take the whole shebang out to the trailer so I could disable the brakes enough to move the darn thing.

Today, it's fully loaded with "stuff" (mostly junk I think) and wifey says after this addition is done, we'll have a yard sale

Does ANYONE see anything in the background of ANY of these pictures that might indicate how successful a yard sale might be? For crying out loud, we live 15 miles outside of town....[*-)]

post-15072-13819455401166_thumb.jpg

Once it's filled up with "mostly junk", you can just have it hauled off to the landfill.

How about hauling down to an open lot and having a treasure sale... sort of like the people who sell velvet Elvis paintings, rugs, or fake designer handbags out of the trunks of their cars or vans.

Of course, that's assuming your infamous mortar (whatever pray tell ever happened with that thing?) doesn't go off when it gets tossed into the trailer or falls down the next time you try to move it ... the Knoxville news,showing footage of a large backhoe that's been rolled over into the dining room next to a trailer that's been blown about...

Once it's filled up with "mostly junk", you can just have it hauled off to the landfill

Perhaps true however, you need a semi to pull the thing. Then I think, you need a CDL to drive the semi tractor trailer?

Here's some columns she bought... she bought the left ones, we stored them in the basement for a couple years, now that we have them as clutter, we bought a trailer to put them in for a while... only to then get rid of.

I suggested it would have been FAR more efficient to simply have not bought them in the first place OR, let me just dump them onto the burn pile... Seems that didn't go over very well [:-*]

As a side note... if someone has an interest in the columns... oh wait... the brown columns came from her work place. Solid wood, Oak I think. Heavy and sturdy as all get out. They remodeled where she works and were going to toss those so she brought those home... so we could store in the basement for 3 years...to put into the trailer that we had to buy....so we could sell them at a yard sale for pennies.... (am I the only one not getting this logic yet?)

Back to point... if someone has interest in the columns...we're going to be trying to get rid of them. Shipping is an issue but they're all solid, especially the solid ones [;)]

post-15072-1381945540727_thumb.jpg

that's assuming your infamous mortar (whatever pray tell ever happened with that thing?)

Still in my car... along with a full 30 lb tank of propane in my trunk for the last 2 days... I like to live dangerously..... [:|]

Well, I have seen it and I would pay you more than *nothing* and be just tickled to get it!

Looks like we are gonna be neighbors - the whole deal is coming together - been ordered by the wife.

I also sent an exploratory PM about those speaks - so, I might be calling on you for soem advice, if you are game.

I gotta meet this wife, a semi trailer? She is serious, isn't she? Love the CD's by the way - I need your address, I have a surprise for you to play on those Jubs.

B

• Moderators

Just out of idle curiosity, how much does a "friendly hand" cost in TN?

(Thought I'd beat JacksonBart to the question). Wink

that's a TOP NOTCH question Big Smile

Still a waiting for the answer to that one, never heard it put quite like that. [Y]

Had a similar thing happen a few years back....

My Brother worked for a company that converted their box van to a flatbed. The "box" was then available for free. Recognizing the value of having a place to stash stuff, I couldn't let it get away. Trouble was, living in San Francisco. I had no where to park a car, let alone a "box." So, I called up a like minded buddy with some acrerage in the north bay & said "this thing is big enough to store BOTH of our motorcycles AND they'll deliver it! He said COOL! and the deal was on.

When the "box" was being delivered, my buddy's wife sidled up to me and whispered "James, I'm gonna get you for this..."

Truer words were never spoken.

James